I have a 70qt Colman Extream thats been tricked out with a livewell pump and oxygen bubbler. IMO anything under 70qt can get dicey with 5 fish in it in the summer heat. Spring and fall you will be fine but the warmer water and confined space will put A LOT of stress on the fish.

Posted Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:38 am

Great Point Rich, my custom is a 30 gallon (or 120 quarts) which gives me the option of more or less water depending on the temp, only thing that sucks is more water = more weight, example 25 gallons of water adds 200lbs to the boat, which in a car topper can really slow you down and force your trolling motor to work O.T. I know when mine is full I ve to bump up trolling motor speed , (especially when its windy) burns the batteries quicker

Posted Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:52 am

Ya Thats the thing I have a 12ft aluminum and I'm looking to see what the best set up would be to keep 5 fish alive for the length of a tournament as well as not killing my boat I am only using a trolling motor right now so 200lb of added weight and a little wind and I'll have water up to my neck in the boat

Posted Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:25 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links