I'm looking to hook my first smallmouth this spring and wondering where's a good spot to go. I live in Upton and was wondering if anyone has good advice about where I'd likley catch some prespawn smallies.

let me know your thoughts.

Thanks

Posted Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:12 am

Ask mikeyc, petralunker, and bennyhaha. They know some great place down south shore.

Posted Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:47 pm

Where is Upton? I can put you on some smallies, but your going to have to drive to Plymouth to get at them. Another thing is do you have a boat? Get back to me cus there are some places out in western ma that you can go as well.

Posted Fri Mar 27, 2009 9:06 am

I saw that you started a Cental Ma Group so im guessing thats wfere you are. Big Alum pond in Sturbridge. Wachussets Res tha is in Boylston, Clinton an Sterling. If you are willing to travel a little furfer west. The conn river and my favorite place Quabbin Res. You can find more info athttp://www.mass.gov/dfwele/dfw/habitat/maps/ponds/pond_maps.htm

Posted Fri Mar 27, 2009 3:20 pm

I'm going to fish Wachusett Reservoir this year. I hear it's great for largemouth and smallmouth bass. I'll be posting my trips as soon as I get out there. The Reservoir opens April 11th.

Posted Sun Mar 29, 2009 4:12 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links