I just looked at all 940 pictures on the website. The only suggestion I have would be to "Get Closer". Fill the frame with the subject. If you're taking a picture with your rod and reel and the fish on the ground use the telephoto or get on your knees instead of standing up. You'll be happy with the results.
The best photo I saw was a little boy sitting on a wharf, fishing.

Posted Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:47 am

You got to remember that showing the persons body plus the fish gives it scale. If you got to close on a person a 2lber would look like a 5lber. Another thing that I practice is getting the fish back into the water as quick as possible. One maybe two snaps an im letting it go.

Posted Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:00 pm

Thanks for the input mikeyc. That's what a message board is all about. The picture you use for your icon is what I'm talking about.
Good shot of the fish.

Posted Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:25 pm

I agree with you Mikey. When Im taking a pic of a fish and my reel/rod, I want the proportion to show. Thats why I dont get super close. And when I have someone taking the pic for me, I dont hold the fish out toward the camera, I hold it right in front of myself to show truest size possible. And of course getting the fish back in the water is key.

Posted Fri Apr 03, 2009 6:58 am

Yeah some pics you can't tell how big,but using somethimg to give it its true size is crucial,But some fish do look a lot bigger than what they actually weigh,For example look at my profile pic,that thing looks a lot bigger than it weighed,unless my scale is misreading it,But it was 4+lbs,i'm not complaining though,as long as it is bigger than a shiner,it's good for me,And i have seen some big shiners.lol

Posted Fri Apr 03, 2009 12:15 pm

All my fish look small next to the big boy, lol

Posted Fri Apr 03, 2009 1:36 pm

I love to be in the picture with the fish, Because when i look at it latter I remember how silly I get when i catch fish. I also dont want to send a false perception of how big it is. Bass are so tricky, they always seem bigger and heavier than they are.

Posted Fri Apr 03, 2009 5:15 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links