I know they stopped the Broodstock Program But i heard they were possibly throwing in landlocks instead?

Posted Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:58 pm

Shoot MA Wildlife a message. They don't post the stockings anymore but they do answer emails pretty quickly.[url] mass.wildlife@state.ma.us

Posted Tue Dec 10, 2013 6:11 am

i heard they are stocking in january! check MA ICE SHANTY

Posted Tue Dec 10, 2013 7:54 am

I shot the Wildlife guys an email they said that they should be stocking next year Idk When I hope that they throw in a bunch

Posted Sat Dec 21, 2013 9:08 pm

Next year, meaning sometime after Jan. 1st Question

Posted Sun Dec 22, 2013 10:42 am

yeah hopefully I'll keep you posted on the stocking

Posted Tue Dec 24, 2013 4:35 pm

I just gotten email from wildlife. They said that they will released last batch of salmons in those same stocking locations. Also, they will be average in 8 pounds and several huge size (15-18lbs). Plus, the release date is definite unknown but it will be somewhere in second or third week of January.

I got really exciting after reading the email and thinking which ponds to hit for those fish. I really cant wait to go!! until I woke up from my dream.... Laughing

Posted Wed Dec 25, 2013 10:53 pm

thats awesome to hear thanks for also solitifying the info, hope you get a big one

Posted Fri Dec 27, 2013 5:21 pm

dude, did you missed the last sentence? LOL

Posted Fri Dec 27, 2013 6:32 pm

thats awkward. sorry about that

Posted Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:18 pm

the biology teacher at the highschool i work for worked for the salmon stocking program before it got 86'd if i remember when i come into work tomorrow ill ask her if shes got any insider info. an old trout fisherman i work with told me yesterday that they already put out the brood stocks and that it was in the paper but i havent actually seen the article cause i didnt bother looking

Posted Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:34 pm

The stock Jamaica pond with about ten salmon a year but no one fishes for them so they stay in their for a while, and they start to stockpile in there. Also the watchusset reservoir is a great place to catch salmon from shore at almost any time of the year!

Posted Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:15 am

That is real late this year!

Posted Fri Jan 31, 2014 5:09 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links