Very awesome, thank you. Great avatar photo as well.

Posted Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:50 pm

edit

Last edited by rippinlips13 on Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:15 pm; edited 1 time in total

Posted Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:16 pm

Thanks again man, this is great info.

I will be compiling a list over the next few weeks to get on the site for spring. Over the course of time I would like to get reviews of each location to add to the article/list.

My goal is for new carpers, or people new to the area to be able to look on the site, see what water has carp and what it is like to fish it. Knowing whether or not the river or lake is full of weed, snags, boats etc can be a huge thing when trying a new spot. I am not going to give out secret spots or whatever that people tend to get edgy about as I believe that scouting and exploring are a big part of fishing, but sharing information on the waterways and how to approach them is key to promoting and growing the sport.

I'm not for instance going to say..o fish at such and such on the corner of so and so , I marked it with an X...but letting you know that the tidal sections of the M'mack in Haverhill are great for targetting large fish, with a gravel/rocky bottom, scattered weed beds and varying currents, 2 oz+ weights and/or feeders are useful. Fishing chick peas, oat balls or scopex sweet corn on the slopes of deeper channels has worked well. Access can be found by driving along the river especially along the length of 110 , pull up a chair, cast your rods and be prepared to get wet!

Anyway you get the idea. It is a project I will be working on as time permits. Hopefully it will become a decent resource.

Posted Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:28 pm

edit

Last edited by rippinlips13 on Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:16 pm; edited 1 time in total

Posted Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:10 am

Yeah, that is pretty much the conclusion we have been coming to as well. Finding a good spot in the tidal sections and fishing it consistently will produce the same quality fish through out the area.

I feel more that there are large shoals that tend to cruise big sections of the river stopping to feed as food shows itself. By sitting a mile apart 2 people might be getting into the same shoal at different times through the day/week.

I have gotten into 12 pound fish, 20 pound fish, 30 pound fish and listened to someone tell tale of a 38 pound fish all in the same stretch, which has an average of about 18-20 pounds. Once you learn the baiting, locating and tackle aspects, some of these larger waters are going to come down to luck as to which fish takes the hook...Even some areas of the Blackstone are surprising. One of my favorite swims averages 8-14 pounds..and for a long time locals said 14-15 was the biggest fish. Then the 25 pound came out in 2008, which I also caught in 2009 at 26.5 pounds. Just shows that you never quite know what will be there.

Anyway I am hoping 2010 is a great year and look forward to sharing some great fishing with ya!

Posted Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:43 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links