Hello all,

Just wanted to write a quick intro as I am new to the website and forums. My name is Brent and I grew up in Marshfield, currently living in Halifax as I bought a house last summer. I went to Massachusetts Maritime Academy, class of '11, and I currently and working as a 2nd Assistant Engineer on a drill ship in the Gulf of Mexico on a 21 day on/ 21 day off rotation.

As far as fishing goes, I use to freshwater fish with my old man back when I was much younger, just from the shore on a couple of ponds in the area. We mostly caught bullheads and sunfish on live worms attached to bobbers which was fun. When I got a little older, we started fishing saltwater from the shore at a couple of spots around Marshfield, always catching stripers ranging from 22 to 36 inches. When I went to Maritime and got busy with school, I stopped fishing altogether for 6+ years.

But now that I live near so many ponds, I went out and bought some kayaks and some freshwater fishing gear and I'm ready to pull in some lunkers!!! I just got a bunch of fishing gear from the 1st Engineer at work, who has caught many bass so I'm looking forward to getting into bass fishing!!

I plan on trying out some of the stuff my 1st gave me which consists of Mepps spinners, Strike king rubber worms for weedy areas, poppers, some frog lures, and a various rapala lures.

I look forward to maybe fishing with some of you guys and learning some things from more experienced bass fisherman!

Hope to see some of you out there!

Posted Thu Jul 09, 2015 9:11 am

Welcome to the site!

Posted Thu Jul 09, 2015 10:23 am

Welcome! A lot of good spots right in your neck of the woods, enjoy!

Posted Thu Jul 09, 2015 11:58 am

Welcome aboard man!

Posted Thu Jul 09, 2015 11:59 am

MAFF is a great community and you'll learn a lot, glad you joined!

Posted Thu Jul 09, 2015 12:55 pm

Welcome aboard!

Posted Sat Jul 11, 2015 1:39 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links