Last Saturday was a great day for me, I got to watch a lecture by Kevin Van Dam as well as get my picture taken with him, which is now set as my profile pic. It was an interesting discussion about the Strike King Red Eye Shad he fished with during the Classic as well as many other things. I really enjoyed listening to him, and he seemed like a real nice guy also. He wasn't bothered at all by people wanting a picture or autograph.

Also to make the day even better, me and my grandfather (my fishing partner) have been looking at pontoon boats that we could take the whole family on. My grandparents have decided to purchase a pontoon boat and they wanted me to make sure it was something I would enjoy as a fisherman. After visiting the showroom with KVD we went to a few other boat showrooms and found a sweetwater pontoon boat that was extremely comfortable and has the front chairs for fishing(win-win). They decided that that was the best deal they were going to get so they purchased it. I just purchased a ten foot pelican pontoon boat (similar to a jon boat) also so I am getting anxious waiting to go get out on the water. I went from just an old canoe last year to two great boats.

Posted Mon Mar 29, 2010 12:00 am

sounded like a great day man, good for you.
nice pick i heard he was a down to earth kind of guy.
nice work

Posted Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:10 am

congrats! KVD is THE MAN!

I met Jimmy Houston several times back home in Oklahoma City at the big fishing show they have in February every year. He has a store in Cookson, OK near Lake Tenkiller(his home water)... gas, food, tackle, etc. I was in there one time and his daughter was working behind the register. Laughing There are big fish mounted on the walls and a big tank in the back with great big bass & other live fish swimming around - there was even an albino catfish in there! (this was back in the early 1990s)

Posted Thu Apr 01, 2010 2:13 pm

i missed him, i went on sunday. i did meet edwin evers though. he was really nice. it was a very good seminar/expo.

Posted Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:18 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links