BRUTAL is the only way to describe that wind!!! All my fish were between 12-13.5 inches(no need to post pics)caught 2 dropshotting, 2 on Stick Worms and 1 on a Square Bill Crankbait and I lost another on a Stick Worm. I went straight into Robbins and had 4 fish by 8a.m.,after taking pic of 4th fish my Unique IDENTIFIER blew into the water and sank! I had to portage back into Stump, paddle 3/4s of the way across the pond into the wind to find Ken and get another Identifier. That paddle ruined me,lol, I was exhausted.I went right back to Robbins but couldn't find the bite again.Around 12:15 I went back to Stump and sat in the little cove where we launch and tied off to a bush for the rest of the day.Right before getting off the water at 2:45 I caught #5 just 10 feet from where we launched.
GOOD JOB TO EVERYONE WHO BATTLED THAT WIND, and a BIG THANKS to Ken for running this!!!

Posted Sun Apr 17, 2016 6:54 am

Congrats to all you guys for hanging in there on such a tough day.

Posted Sun Apr 17, 2016 7:13 am

wow sounds brutal, nice job hanging in there guys! and chrisfishd tough luck, always sux to lose a nice setup as I've done it myself.

Posted Sun Apr 17, 2016 10:23 am

Good job, Don! Yeah, I bailed mostly due to conditions. Yes, I did have a 14 1/4 inch fish which I caught in the first 5 minutes but, being new to the format, I had a brain cramp and photo'd it without the identifier, which, of course I realized right after releasing the fish!I would not have been above asking for an exception since the picture showed the time, date, and location but probably would not have been fair as Don paddled across the entire county in the wind to get a new identifier and I would have bumped Ken which would not have been a fair decision to ask him to make. I'll chalk it up to experience.

Posted Mon Apr 18, 2016 7:44 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links