dogbone_384

Dialing in your magnetic system is easy.

First start with the cast control knob on the handle side of your reel. With your lure attached and thumb-bar depressed, slowly back the cast control knob off until your bait falls slowly.

Now adjust your magnetic control 1/2 - 2/3 of its maximum setting.

Make your casts smooth and easy with your thumb just over your spool. You probably won't get geat distance, but as you get more comfortable with casting, you'll back both the cast-control and magnetic adjustment and your accuracy and distance will come.

It takes some time, but is well worth it.

This might help: http://www.bassresource.com/bass-fishing-forums/topic/172271-how-to-cast-a-baitcaster/

Thank you and thanks for the link!

Posted Mon Apr 18, 2016 5:11 pm

grayrider16

dogbone_384

Dialing in your magnetic system is easy.

First start with the cast control knob on the handle side of your reel. With your lure attached and thumb-bar depressed, slowly back the cast control knob off until your bait falls slowly.

Now adjust your magnetic control 1/2 - 2/3 of its maximum setting.

Make your casts smooth and easy with your thumb just over your spool. You probably won't get geat distance, but as you get more comfortable with casting, you'll back both the cast-control and magnetic adjustment and your accuracy and distance will come.

It takes some time, but is well worth it.

This might help: http://www.bassresource.com/bass-fishing-forums/topic/172271-how-to-cast-a-baitcaster/

Thank you and thanks for the link!

dial in my magnetic whut? I was considering a baitcaster myself but if I need an engineering degree to make it work, i think I'll stick with a zebco closed face. LOL!

Posted Sat Apr 23, 2016 5:53 pm

I didn't need my MBA to dial in my bait casters. I DO prefer Shimano and 13 Fishing. Neither use magnetic systems, and are the most user friendly out there.

The tackle monkey coerced me into buying Lews, Diawa, Shimano, 13 Fishing, and one Abu casters. They ALL cast great, but my 13 Fishing & Diawa T3's are the best 'set & forget' reels. Shimano & Diawa have the best fit & finish.

Posted Tue Apr 26, 2016 8:56 pm

Well I was all set to go buy a Lews BB1 at Basspro today and they didn't have any left handed reels. Should have bought it online and had it delivered as there were some lures that I had in my online cart that weren't there as well, but I didn't. Long story short I ended up buying the Basspro johnny Morris Sig. Series II $159 on sale for $139, paired it with a 7 4 Qauntum Team KVD rod and 12 lbs Sufix mono. Time to practice and hope I like it Shocked

Thx for your help

Posted Wed May 04, 2016 8:28 pm

You will. That reel was one of my first. It's a great value. I sent mine to Delaware Valley Tackle for a super-tune - it woke it up: casting smoother and farther....

Just watch out for the Tackle Monkey ... once he gets his grips on you, you'll own Shimano Cores, Diawa Zillions, Concept E's, etc., etc.,

Best of luck out there, and get practicing!

Posted Thu May 05, 2016 7:14 am

dogbone_384

You will. That reel was one of my first. It's a great value. I sent mine to Delaware Valley Tackle for a super-tune - it woke it up: casting smoother and farther....

Just watch out for the Tackle Monkey ... once he gets his grips on you, you'll own Shimano Cores, Diawa Zillions, Concept E's, etc., etc.,

Best of luck out there, and get practicing!

Thanks for the warning but I think your too late Exclamation Just enjoying the ride now Smile Took it out today and casted a few on the shore. Not to bad, the brake system is awesome. Dial right in to different weight lure with ease.

Posted Thu May 05, 2016 4:36 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links