I was curious to see how people do. Since my fishing season so far was totally worst i ever had in my lifetime. No big fish.. Like 7lbs bass that im used to produce every spring. Im usually have 5 or 6 bass over 5lbs by now. But i got only one. Rest of bass was less 3lbs.

For pin game - im used to have ten different species by now. But i only have one.

So, yeah, my fishing statistics is that wicked bad for this year. Hopefully it will be all change by soon.

Posted Thu May 05, 2016 4:33 pm

you suck.
lmao!
you all ready know how im doin

Posted Thu May 05, 2016 4:44 pm

This weather has killed it Exclamation We need a major warm up Exclamation

Posted Fri May 06, 2016 4:53 am

Warmer temps coming next week! I've had a slow season so far but not a bad one.Ive gotten out more this year in the yak then I have in the past by this time but the Quantity and Quality arent there yet.The baits I expected to work this time of year aren't producing the way I had hoped but I'm catching bass so I guess all in all I can't complain. Very Happy

Posted Fri May 06, 2016 6:17 am

A lot of cold and wind. Can't wait for a day where I am not wearing gloves or get blown off the water. Even this week, the only day I can get it is Monday where its going to be 60 but 15-25 mph winds.

But I can't complain about the number of fish or the size so far.

Posted Fri May 06, 2016 6:25 am

i havent got the quality yet. a few big bass but few and far between. biggest one is pushin 5. few 4s.

but damn the bite has been good! been getting numbers just not the biggons!

Posted Fri May 06, 2016 2:16 pm

I am with you guys. Quantity has been there and has been a fun season, but the quality isn't there. Nothing over 5lbs yet. Not happy about that.

Posted Fri Jun 10, 2016 8:48 pm

ive caught 4 bass over 5. a 5.5 smallie a 6.9 smallie. WOOOOO
2 5lbs largemouths

been gettin steady 3s and 4s night fishin latley! bite has been decent for me

Posted Fri Jun 10, 2016 8:59 pm

hooked and lost 2 big fish the past few weeks

Posted Fri Jun 10, 2016 8:59 pm

Same. Getting bites but nothing big. I'm in Quincy/south shore so not a lot to chose from any way (unless anyone has some tips to throw my way!!!) With the nice weather coming I'm going venture out. I work in Waltham so I'm gonna try and hit up the Charles through Watertown and maybe Farm pond in Framingham. Gonna try and map a few others.

Posted Fri Jun 10, 2016 9:00 pm

I'm also in the Quincy/South Shore area. If you have a car top boat, head to Ponkapog pond. The parking area is next to Temple David on Randolph street. It averages 6-7' deep with many weed beds, some lili's and a rock bed opposite the beach/launch.

Larry's and Picks mostly, with the odd Perch thrown in. My biggest bass & pickerel are both north of 3 pounds there.

When time allows, I head south to Plymouth/Carver/Cape Cod, but Ponkie is a good place close to home that's not terribly crowded.

Posted Sat Jun 11, 2016 10:21 am

Thanks Dogbone! I don't have one but my buddy has a canoe. I do mostly shore fishing unless I'm with him. I heard mixed reviews about there but def seems like a spot I should hit up. For local, I hit Whitman's a lot and when I have the kids I'll do Houghton's pond.

Posted Sat Jun 11, 2016 12:43 pm

I've never made friends with Whitman's and only fish Houghton's in fall/winter for trout. I find Houghton's very crowded this time of year.

Best of luck out there.

Posted Sun Jun 12, 2016 10:16 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links