the weather has been miserable this week... cold and dreary. Has anybody ventured forth for some fishing action? Anything biting?

I might try to get out this afternoon... I'm sick of being in the house!

I did manage to go thru my tacklebox and get rid of the junk and organize everything, so the week wasn't a complete waste.

oh... and uh... here's a little bass that tried to eat a Zara Spook that was almost as big as his entire body! LOL

(caught & released 9-04-2009, Lake Sabbatia, MA)

Posted Sun Apr 18, 2010 12:27 pm

Went to Stump Pond in Westborough after work on Thursday and caught 2 bass and a pickerel. Nothing big, but it was nice to be out. Was there with 2 friends and they each got a couple bass each.

Just got back from Lake Boone for the first time ever going there and caught one little bass. Was raining off and on an even got a little hail.

Posted Sun Apr 18, 2010 4:14 pm

everybody loves the boone, i was on the other side of the dam, fishing the assabet for a while.

Posted Sun Apr 18, 2010 4:45 pm

I went out in the yard to survey the weather and decide if I should head down to the water and it started raining on me...

so I went back and just slept on the couch.

I suck, I know. Rolling Eyes Laughing

Posted Sun Apr 18, 2010 5:17 pm

I got out to Wedge Pond in Winchester for about 45mins this evening. Ended up with 3 Largemouths(1lb, 1-1/4lb, and an 8 incher) Crazy weather, the whole time, sunny, raining, windy, and and combination of all randomly. Still nice to get out though.

Posted Sun Apr 18, 2010 6:06 pm

I made it out in my little 8' Jon Boat in one of the ponds down in Myles Standish by Plymouth. The weather was freaky as all, but I only got hit with a couple rain showers. Pretty decent compared to the forecast I guess.

The fishing was pretty damn good. Was out for 5 hours or so, and boated a limit. A couple 2lbers, a couple 1 1/2, and a barely-keeper. I broke off another two in the 2lb range (not sure what the heck was up, have never had problems with the knots before), had another 3 throw the hook, and had another 3-4 that I only had on for a few seconds. Pretty damn nice day out, although the lost ones are frustrating. I figured I needed to set the hook harder, so the last fish I damn near ripped the rod out of my own hands. But it stayed on=)

Also had around a handful of pickerel. All in all a pretty good day out.

Posted Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:09 pm

sounds like a good day, michaelk!

I am definitely going out today(Monday) - NO RAIN, sunny and 60 degrees. YESSS!!!

Posted Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:57 am

Not yet, Tuesday morning at Knopps

Posted Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:02 pm

ya crazy prefishing bastard ya

Posted Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:21 pm

went out to Great Quitticas for an hour or so... water temp was 54°, fished a spinnerbait, crankbait & jig-n-pig, but got no hits. Confused

I tried to go to Tispaquin Pond, which is only 3 miles from the house, but there's no shoreline access that I could find(I don't have a boat or float tube) - it seems there's just a small primitive boat ramp surrounded by private property. Mad

Posted Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:09 pm

I was out this morning with my oldest daughter. Same story here. Spinners, cranks, jigs & pigs & a wholatta nuthin. Got to try out my new fish finder. Worked great I was finding trout all over but could not locate any bass! I handed my daughter a inline spinner to keep her busy & she catches a nice 14" rainbow trout! I'm not seeing any weeds growin in yet. Not quit sure where to look for bass? Anyone got any tips? Confused

Posted Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:03 pm

Just got back from Walden Pond. Saw an enormous smallmouth nosing around my worm just a few feet from shore, but he wasn't biting. FYI, the path around the pond is closed due to flooding.

Posted Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:43 am

I went to a pond in Rayham an caught a 2lb pickerel on a crank bait! Today not a bite!!

Posted Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:35 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links