twitch13

Kenwood, 36 live tourneys and on-line what do you mean on-line tourneys not following??

Online tournaments are kind of new. They're more common in the kayak fishing scene, but some groups out there do big-bass online tournaments and go by weight and fish out of any kind of boat.

With those tournaments, you catch a fish, then take a video of you weighing it. You gotta show the inside of the mouth, the full fish, the scale zeroed out, etc.

With kayak stuff, you measure the fish, put it on a Hawg Trough, and then take a photo.

Generally the tournaments run for a month and you can fish whenever and wherever you want, as long as it's public waters.

A little different, but fun.

Posted Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:47 am

don51

Mike, how did you do? Did you fish Little much this fall? Will be coming up from FL next summer and will be fishing the old haunts. Can't wait! Very disappointed in the freshwater FL fishing. Rolling Eyes

Sorry I didn’t get back to you sooner. I haven’t logged on here since my last post. I don’t fish Little that much anymore. I fish further south in SMB country when I have a full day off and fish Ponkapog in Canton when time is limited.

A member from another forum turned me on to a pond in South Plymouth that puts Little Pond to shame.

I was going to give ice fishing a try this week but I found some open water south of exit 6. Time allowing I’ll toss the kayak in the truck and see what I can do.

Last edited by dogbone_384 on Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:31 pm; edited 1 time in total

Posted Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:52 pm

Yeah, I'll take the open water over the ice any day! Good luck at your new spot! Go Fish

Posted Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:16 am

Hedges still had too much skim ice for my taste so I launched at Great Herring.

Landed two nice yellow perch, lost something (?), and caught my first stick of the season.

Posted Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:33 pm

Nice to be yakking in January! Looks like another warmup coming for you guys. Cool

Posted Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:13 am

Dropped into Hedges Pond yesterday.

I landed 3 SMB and 3 Yellow Perch, with biggest being 2-2 and 1-4 respectively. Gold blade bait, Mud Bug Ned rig and 4” green/red flake Dinger did the trick.

Surface temps were 39.x

Posted Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:54 pm

Nice! Smallies love that blade. Good start to the year!

Posted Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:17 am

Took a ride back to Hedges Pond on Feb 1st but found it skimmed over. Instead of driving 45 minutes back home I drove 30 minutes over the bridge to Hinckley's Pond in Harwich, which was WIDE OPEN.

I launched at 11:00 and fished until dusk, landing a stick, clam, and one yellow perch. I covered most of the pond, working deep to shallow, tossing a gold blade bait, perch colored jointed Rapala, "The Deal" Ned, a brown/yellow 1/4 oz. hair jig, and a couple different 4" wacky Senkos.

It was windy until about 4:00 PM. Air temps were in the low 40s. Surface temps were 36.9 at the north bank, down to 36.0 throughout the rest of the pond - the coldest water I've ever fished.

It would have been nice to grab a couple nice bass there, but with a goal of catching fish in MA every month of the year, I'll check February off the list and take the perch.

Posted Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:15 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links