Hi:

I am thinking to put a 18 foot bass boat in plum island area, mainly fishing the Joppa Flats. I have never been there before. Is it safe and possible to do so? Is there a boat ramp near that area. I heard there is one boat ramp at Ipswich. Is this the right one to PI? If so, anyone know how to get to the Ipswich boat ramp? I am a newbie for stripper fishing.

Thanks in advance for helping me out here.
Regards.

Posted Thu Apr 05, 2012 3:51 pm

Is this a new way to fish? stripping before fishing or during,or after?

Posted Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:47 pm

there is a boat ramp in Newburyport at Cashman's Park. Much closer than going from Ipswich. Fishing on Joppa Flats is safe, but be very careful if trying to venture between the jetties towards the mouth of the Merrimack River/Atlantic Ocean.....very dangerous. Hope you believe me, even without pictures to prove it!

Posted Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:21 pm

Willy
stripper goes nutts with frest cut mackeral or hold tinger went the tie going out. Cashman park in Newburyport is your best bet for launh boat
it take you ten mins to the flats. just stay close to shore (air faile side) water vary smooth.I only fish @ flats when my buddy come with his boat, other than that i'll be fish @ the park.

Posted Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:02 am

Cashman park is a great ramp. Nice and easy to get to and you can be in joppa in no time.. I dont recomend putting your boat in there though if the boat launch dock is not in yet. It can be nast loading without a dock there, the current rips right threw. Leads me to my question witch is the boat launch docks in yet? I would like to go down there shad fishing this Sunday but not want to take the trip if the dock on the launch iss not in yet..also are the chanell markers in yet? thanks

Posted Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:26 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links