heard that schoolies in the Merrimack. info from a guide

Posted Fri May 16, 2014 8:18 am

On Sunday, my baitshop guy in Salisbury said the schoolies are trickling in... Expect it to get hot by this weekend...

Posted Fri May 16, 2014 8:24 am

Been killing it on the south shore!

Posted Fri May 16, 2014 7:25 pm

I have never been striper fishing.
Where is a good place that I can bag one from shore?
In the merrimac up to lawrence?

Posted Sat May 17, 2014 6:29 am

I have never been striper fishing.
Where is a good place that I can bag one from shore?
In the merrimac up to lawrence?

Posted Sat May 17, 2014 6:30 am

You're in the best place to catch them. Downtown newburyport or plum island on the incoming tide. Clams or worms and you can't miss.

Posted Sat May 17, 2014 6:36 am

When ? now?

Posted Sat May 17, 2014 3:08 pm

lowellite

When ? now?

contact Surfland bait and tackle. they can give you ideas. there is also a club called Plum Island Surfcasters. surfland can put you in touch

Posted Sat May 17, 2014 3:22 pm

I talked to my guy in Salisbury this morning. You can catch some now. By May 20/21 it will be perfect.

I'll be up there Wednesday after work, and a handfull of tides over the weekend.

Send me a message if you want to meet at the river and fish.

Posted Sat May 17, 2014 8:45 pm

Been hitting merrimac and plum island. The schools are showing up but the fishing is slow. The beach side is getting lined up with fisherman. Only seen 2 schools get caught. Went to the jetty (finally rebuilt) and its awesome to fish on but no fish to be had there yet. Give it another week.

See you there! Will be wearing team gethooked shirt/jersey. Just come say hi and have a beer!

Posted Sun May 18, 2014 2:05 pm

May 18,2014. Its worth a shot! Give the bass river a try while its hot! My boys and I caught a lot of bass even a big Shad all on a pink slugos we where trying for sea trout!
Jim[/img]

Posted Sun May 18, 2014 8:14 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links