I wanted to post this now to give all a heads up. September is fast approaching and we hope to have a good turn out this year, and hopefully the fish to match!

Last year we had 45 people show up, 33 fish were caught, the largest was just under 10 pounds. This year I would like to see someone grab a 15 -20 pound fish to take the prize. I know they are in there that big, I just need someone to catch em!

A limited number of rental (at no cost) poles will be available, as such we suggest bringing your own if you can. Materials and instructions to make special bait rigs will be provided. A variety of standard baits will be on hand as well, but you can always bring a secret recipe along. Standard baits typically include feed and canned corn, bread, chick peas, maple peas, and I will supply DAT food boilies this year!

Experienced anglers will be on hand to assist and demonstrate techniques. We hope to have 2 workshops this year as well, one on baitmaking and one on rig tying.

An award certificate will be given to each person who catches a carp. 10 pound club patches for anyone catching a carp over 10 pounds.

Prizes will be awarded at the end of the event in a variety of categories, including largest carp caught, most carp caught, oldest person to catch a carp, youngest person to catch a carp, and the staff favorite, Ranger’s Choice Award. Above all this is a fun and friendly derby where all peoples interested in fishing can get together and catch some good fish.

The best part is, this is all free! That's right it costs you nothing to attend and fish and win! There will be a raffle and such as well that will cost money so don't leave your wallet at home but... Twisted Evil

Hope to see many of you there!
For more information the derby is posted on this sites tournement list here : Fish and Fun Day
as well as Blackstonecarp.com/events Be sure to check out the gallery of last years derby here Pages 13 and up contain last years derby, this gallery contains all events

Posted Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:09 am

Bump for September!

Got all the donations together...prizes are in route or gotten, Did all the press releases including a TV spot filmed today for local broadcast

Hopefully this is gonna be a decent size event. Hoping to push 100 people and if I get lucky that many carp!

Posted Wed Sep 02, 2009 6:15 pm

As an update you can read most of the details in the trips section.

We had a great day though with 86 registered fishermen, 12 carp caught.

Simon Macalister won the largest carp and first carp caught with a nice 8 pound 10 ounce mirror. Since our rules state you can only win one prize Simon opted to take the First Carp Caught and handed the Largest prize down the Line.

Justin Loder put many anglers to shame with 3 carp brought to the banks for a total weight of 15 pounds 10 ounces which won him the Most Carp Caught award.

Andrew Belseth got the Largest carp caught by default after Simon passed to Justin who then passed to Andrew, with an impressive 2 fish on the banks for a total of 9 pounds 6 ounces

Christopher Rivelli won the Ranger's choice as well the winning raffle ticket!

Cole Rippel took hom the award for Good Sportsmanship

and finally Brandon Alves was named Blackstone Carp's first Unluckiest Angler. After all the names of anyone who did not catch a fish were put into a bucket..Brandon's was the last name drawn making him indeed the luckiest unluckiest angler!

Thanks to Wacker Bait and Tackle Wal-Mart and Bill and Valerie Paul from Blackstone Valley Sugaring for all prizes and donations to this event! Also a special thanks to Limeycarper, Bullshark, Carpkid and Bassmaster for showing their support and stopping by. As well as Everyone who put time and effort into making this a great time for all involved!

Posted Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:22 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links