Thinking about fishing the shawsheen river for trout. Anybody here ever fished there?

Posted Wed May 27, 2015 9:02 pm

jake_chiasson45

Thinking about fishing the shawsheen river for trout. Anybody here ever fished there?

I think it's a bit late for trout Jake.

Posted Wed May 27, 2015 9:29 pm

ya its definetly too late now but I got hooked onto trout fishing last April and I haven't caught any trout in mass yet. I'm hoping that I can establish a decent spot in mass for next spring. have u been the shawsheen, or were u just letting me know that it's gonna be too late?

Last edited by jake_chiasson45 on Thu Sep 10, 2015 9:50 pm; edited 1 time in total

Posted Wed May 27, 2015 9:34 pm

Definitely NOT to late for trout. I catch them all summer long. Spring is the best time, but any decently established river will have them all year long.

The Shawsheen has them, and got loaded with fish this year. Look on the schedule, see what towns they were stocked in, and scout those towns on Google Maps. Look for any bridges in those towns that go over the river in a wooded area, since this is where they drop fish in. Then go fish them.

Plenty of trout this year, all the way up to yesterday for me. Do you fly fish or use spinning gear and bait? I have only been going to Fly-Fishing-Only places as of late.

Posted Thu May 28, 2015 9:18 am

Ya, there's still PLENTY of opportunities to catch trout, and the bite is not over. I was popping rainbows earlier this week and they're still being stocked. There's definitely still opportunities.

Posted Thu May 28, 2015 2:06 pm

I stand corrected!

Posted Thu May 28, 2015 2:22 pm

Just caught a small rainbow in the Ipswich River this afternoon. Just a matter of finding the deeper pools. Good luck.

P.s. I tried posting a pic of it but it doesn't want to work for me. Sad

Posted Sat May 30, 2015 5:21 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links