Nice job man!

Posted Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:15 am

Wow, guess I am going to head out despite the cold!

Posted Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:55 am

Yeah i live in the haverhill area, and did not have to much luck of the little time I could fish last year. Getting my license today and will be out tomorrow. I just don't know where to go or what little ponds to shore fish at. I will be shore fishing everything.

Posted Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:13 am

Yeah i live in the haverhill area

You're in luck! Tons of places to go fishing from shore in the area. I'm not a big fan of fishing "in" Haverhill except for The Merrimack (Stripers), and if you like pickerel, Crystal Lake (golf course) has tons, you just have to like hiking to get to open shores areas. Round Pond(Saltonstall) way over fished, and Lake Pentucket is "ok", just don't eat the trout, never caught bass there. Kenoza (water supply) is illegal to fish in, but I've heard "stories", but it is patrolled by the city PD frequently.

Lake Cochichewick in North Andover has some limited shore fishing spots, but you can still land some lunkers from shore there. Mill Pond in West Newbury has some great shore fishing as well, but some jackass transplanted some pickerel there and it hurt the bass population, but still some decent fish for a (really) small pond. My favorite though of all time in our neck of the woods would be The Artichoke Reservoir in Newburyport for shore fishing. Great success, great fishing, and depending on where you are, fantastic wildlife to see while fishing.

/2 cents

Posted Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:15 am

i saw some yaks on artichoke the other day. looked like a nice place.

Posted Fri Apr 18, 2014 3:36 pm

It truly is a gem imho, if you have waders on the wooded side, you're golden. There's not much space at the bridge, and only a couple spots at the dam/water station, but if you can get in the water on the non-developed side, it's incredible fishing. Even though I now have a boat, it is the one place I will still go fishing from shore.

*My Pic is at The Artichoke with a baby pickerel that attacked my 3/4 oz. spinner.

Posted Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:22 pm

fishingwithkids

It truly is a gem imho, if you have waders on the wooded side, you're golden. There's not much space at the bridge, and only a couple spots at the dam/water station, but if you can get in the water on the non-developed side, it's incredible fishing. Even though I now have a boat, it is the one place I will still go fishing from shore.

*My Pic is at The Artichoke with a baby pickerel that attacked my 3/4 oz. spinner.

Can you put a boat in there?

Posted Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:49 am

Not jumbo giants, but still some managed to catch two nice sized bass outta a tiny neighborhood pond. Places is probably 2-4 acres. Caught on a 8" soft line thru trout swimbait in a pond that only has bass and bluegill. Had a intense hit right over a laydown that popped the bait out of the water! Definitely was a nice fish unfortunately no hook up. Was really surprised to have the two i landed engulf the bait. Would never except the bass in that puddle to hammer big baits.... Also walked to another local small 7 acres pond an got at least 7-8 hits, but never hooked up to anything. Must of been aggressive dinks hammering the SB

#1 Bass

#2 Bass

Posted Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:51 pm

nice man

Posted Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:24 am

You're on fire dude! I'm heading out today and hope to have some similar results!

Posted Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:03 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links