I'm going to try to spend a day fishing Spot Pond before the season ends.
I have read a little on the pond from the location page on this site, and a few trip posts.

It seems there are LMB SMB Trout and Perch.

A few questions,
How is the water quality, are there fish consumption advisories?
How is the trout fishery?
Is it worth renting a canoe or row boat to fish? Does the pond get very crowded?

How is shoreline access?

From what I've read is that there are big fish in there. It's so tough fishery due to the clear water and lack of cover, not your typical bass pond. I drove past it once on 93 going to NH and I noticed how beautiful the place looked.

Thanks in advance.

Joe

Posted Sat Aug 27, 2016 7:35 am

Good fishing in there. Ultra clear water. No fishing consumer advisory. Make sure you have a fishing license if you are fishing there because the environmental police patrol it frequently. Renting a boat will yield you alot of small mouths id you fish near the island in the middle. Alot of rocks and steep drop offs. Theres alot of fisher cats in the woods over there so just be careful. Theres access near friendlys in stoneham or accross the pond where the boat rental place is. Theres alot of shore to fish. Good luck

Posted Sat Aug 27, 2016 11:41 pm

Rent a boat or make a mortgage payment, up to you. Spot has monsters in there, they are tough to catch.

As for the Fishercats, I think they are Minks, they look very much alike. I have no doubt those woods could be home to a fishercat or two, but they are very elusive and seldom seen. The Minks on the other hand, are well documented and known to be all around the Pond.

Posted Sun Aug 28, 2016 12:17 am

Maybe there minks lol my buddies rented a boat a couple weeks ago and said there was a bunch of them on the island. Which beings up the question of how did they get there. But Karl is right there is big big bass in there but they are very elusive.

Posted Sun Aug 28, 2016 12:21 am

The minks around there are actually quite something. Some of the smaller ponds in that area fish well too.

Posted Sun Aug 28, 2016 5:58 pm

I stumbled upon that "stone" few years ago. The guy who runs the dock told me he was a bare knuckle boxer that won about 75-100 matches in a row. When he finally lost the victor put up the stone. There was a speakeasy across the street back in the day and when someone would challenge him they would row to the island and have a match.

Posted Tue Aug 30, 2016 6:55 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links