Any luck at Storrow Pond in Westwood. I may head there soon to try getting some stocked rainbows on powerbait, spoons, and rooster tails, etc. what do u all think? Any other good ponds for stocked trout in the Westwood, Norwood, canton area? Thx

Posted Sun Sep 06, 2015 10:56 pm

started .Holdovers only right now >>>

Posted Sun Sep 06, 2015 11:17 pm

i'll be honest with you. after it gets stocked, storrow pond can be a fish every cast, but it gets fished out very quick, as it's a very very small pond. I don't know if there's a single one in there now. The first time I went was before it got stocked last year and we didn't catch a single one. We then went after it got stocked and caught tons. The weather and water's still hot, so I would recommend going somewhere with deep water, where the trout populations probably haven't been fished out, and throw some powerbait or floating salmon eggs on an egg sinker rig. Use a small hook, as well. You may have some luck in the shallows if you go early in the morning. If anything, try Houghton's Pond. It gets nice and deep and has already been stocked three times. Just go to the far side and throw out some powerbait. Then you can either sit back and wait for a bite or cast and retrieve the lure of your choice. Just my two cents. Good luck!

Posted Mon Sep 07, 2015 9:42 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links