So I'm a freshwater guy but my friend has a brand new boat all set up for stripes real nice fish finder and GPS and stuff he just cant get on them I'm going out with him and my friend I fish fresh water with on Tuesday he owes us a trip anyway would really like to get on some fish I heard they are held up deep help would be appreciated thanks

Posted Sun Jul 14, 2013 3:46 pm

first of all, where are you going out from? or even fish at?

I might can help.

mostly fresh bass stuffs are working on rips if you can casting there. If your friends has them, I would suggest something that can go middle column of water like spoons or weight-squids. (bucktails) even poppers too.

Posted Sun Jul 14, 2013 3:51 pm

We are launching from Weymouth

Posted Sun Jul 14, 2013 3:54 pm

If you troll use a Hogy style tube w/ a sea worm trailer, best bet for stripers. troll between 2 to 5 mph. ( you need the sea worm for this lure)

Look for the birds if you see fish breaking the surtace cast into them with Kastmaster type spoons or large slugo type baits match the bait and go get em...

Posted Sun Jul 14, 2013 8:35 pm

^agreed! Go check monohans in quincy home made tube and worms best ones around!

Posted Sun Jul 14, 2013 8:40 pm

Not sure if we are going to be trolling we only have one boat rod unfortunately

Posted Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:25 pm

If you have some heavy largemouth bass tackle this will work. Just take your time playing the fish, it's more fun with this setup anyway. ( for casting to breaking fish)

Posted Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:06 am

One more idea is surfcasting gear. if you have rods under 9' should work good also...

Posted Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:08 am

I have a Penn saltwater rod and reel combo brand new 7 foot medium heavy with a Penn fierce 5000 and my friend has rods just has no clue what the hell he is doing he has top of the line fish finder and stuff haha

Posted Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:31 am

Stripers are like any other bass they like cover. Throw into rocky areas. Also follow the birds they will be diving where the baitfish is being pushed to the surface by aggresive fish. The large stripers sit below the baitfish waiting to pickup the left over the smaller stripers and blues left behind.

One more idea is to follow the other fishing boats, they probally know the best spots...

Posted Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:50 am

Wouldn't mind catching some blues either

Posted Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:17 am

live macks
tube and worm slays the stripers!!!!!!!!

toss out a bucket,just like a drift sock, slower the better!

Posted Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:43 am

Where's a good place to jig up mackerel

Posted Mon Jul 15, 2013 1:14 pm

What day are you going? Saltwater is very different they could be everywhere today and tomorrow no where to be found. Incould tell you places that are really hott but if your not going for a couples days theres a good chance it will be dead. Ill be out atleast twice this week ill let u know if and where i find them.

Posted Mon Jul 15, 2013 3:36 pm

I am really missing the bass & blue saltwater fishing with all this talk about it! Used to go all the time and have caught some real beasts! Kman caught probably the biggest bluefish I've ever seen in my life in Beverly off of Independence Beach! Very good times!

Posted Mon Jul 15, 2013 4:55 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links