Buzzard Bay tibutaries are producing schoolies and some keepers Very Happy

Posted Tue May 20, 2008 12:01 am

That schoolie is really nice . You look like your sittin' in a small boat. I'm poor so all I got right now is a john boat with a 40 lb thrust electric motor.

did you catch that schoolie on light tackle?

Posted Thu May 22, 2008 5:24 am

Yes it is light tackle. I was using a MH 7ft freshwater pole and reel with 30lb Power Pro braid line.

Posted Thu May 22, 2008 10:58 am

hey im new to buzzards bay and i cant seem to find any good spots for stripers if you guys could give me any tips it would be great

Posted Sun May 25, 2008 7:33 pm

Sorry Fp1499 didn't even notice your post. By now tha canal is starting to heat up, but any river mouth or even up the river itself will hold some striper for a couple more weeks in buzzards bay. If you have acsses to a boat try buzzards bay entrance to the canal. I have been hearing good things about live lining macs. Also pymouth bay is starting to get going. Good luck.

Posted Wed Jun 04, 2008 7:27 pm

South Kingston BABY !!

Posted Sat Mar 14, 2009 9:06 am

I talked to some friends on the Cape that were at Chapin Beach yesterday. (need a sticker). They were using sand eels, no luck. The guy 100 feet away caught 3 stripers. One was a keeper. He was using sea worms.

Posted Sat May 16, 2009 5:46 am

Hi I am josh out of manomet, I have been fishing the scusset beach pier, on the canal the place is loaded with blues, and striper, I lost some lures, and a bucktail last sunday, I am going back today, I had a keeper for sure busted a lighter duty spinning rod, I went for a heavier rod+ am going back today with storm lure eels, I will re-post if I have any luck, people please let me /all of us know how your duing, has anyone been to powder point lately?? how is it there, also my pal got a 29 inch keeper striper in the naponset river thurday evening about 5pm, it is the end between milton/quincy around rt. 95 where he got it , he also got 2 undersize 21+24 inch , of course he tossed them back, good luck, and let's keep all of us updated, and make this season the best one yet, JOSH

Posted Sat May 30, 2009 12:42 pm

as for powder point.. i buddy of mines brother picked up to 30 strippers about two weeks ago... but nothing else as of yet...

Posted Thu Jun 18, 2009 5:22 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links