pocketfisherman

Only problem I have with winner take all is people drive from all over and although you do get to fish, it's nice to have the possibility of winning first and/or lunker, but also to at least be able to get your $ plus a little more than or at least your entrance fee back by placing 2nd or 3rd (depending on size of field) and you get to walk a little taller that day as well.

good point , but I've won tournaments with 18 lbs and 2nd place had 9lbs . When u win by 9 pounds everyone got smoked and u should leave with their money. Just my opinion though

Posted Fri Sep 04, 2015 5:34 pm

When I ran them in the past I did ,10 or more boats pay out 3 places 60% for 1st 25% for 2nd and 15% for 3rd. Less then 10 boats pay out 2 places 70/30 split. I posted this just as a guideline.

Posted Fri Sep 04, 2015 7:18 pm

Are these typically individual or with a partner?

Posted Fri Sep 04, 2015 8:42 pm

I'll be running a kayak trail through NE Bassin' next year. Cartoppers with trolling motors 80lb thrust or less are allowed. CPR (catch, photo, release). No livewells needed.

I believe Joe plans to continue allowing cartoppers in his Boston Bass Stranglers trail, too, so that's two trails right there.

Posted Fri Sep 04, 2015 11:13 pm

kenwood

I'll be running a kayak trail through NE Bassin' next year. Cartoppers with trolling motors 80lb thrust or less are allowed. CPR (catch, photo, release). No livewells needed.

I believe Joe plans to continue allowing cartoppers in his Boston Bass Stranglers trail, too, so that's two trails right there.

how do the CPR tourneys work? Take a picture of the fish on your scale? length? Prettiest one wins? How do you differentiate the fish with just pictures?

Posted Sat Sep 05, 2015 6:40 am

1 picture of the digital scale so you can see the weight with as much of the fish in the picture as possible and 1 picture showing the entire fish

Posted Sat Sep 05, 2015 6:57 am

purpleturkey

1 picture of the digital scale so you can see the weight with as much of the fish in the picture as possible and 1 picture showing the entire fish

This one will be by length, not pounds. I like doing it by weight, prefer it actually, but it's definitely much easier to cheat that way, which is why most of the bigger trails go by length. That's how NE Bassin' (http://www.nebassin.com) does it.

Posted Sat Sep 05, 2015 9:53 pm

Cool

Posted Sun Sep 06, 2015 2:06 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links