Hi to all my fellow fishermen I was just wondering what types of boats are used in the bass tournys. are they full bass boats or canoes jon boats. I have a 10 ft basshunter EX with just a trolling motor
is this good or am I going to be the only one in a little boat??
Sorry for the dumb question.
Jack Confused

Posted Sun Sep 12, 2010 8:33 am

Welcome to the site.You'll fit right in with that set up.That seems like all the first timers fear.There is all kinds of boats at these tourneys....Pro style,pelican/crawdad types,jons,even a red canoe you have to watch out for,lol,thats team Arrogance and they took down the big dogs in todays tourney.WAY TO GO GUYS!Dont hesitate to give it a go,might be a little late with only one or two left but Smokecity and Johnnybagabass do an unbelievable job and do their best to get you in.Goodluck

Posted Sun Sep 12, 2010 2:57 pm

jack buddy welcome to the site. it is exactly like bam described it lol. guys in jonboats, canoes, decked out aluminum boats you name it. i haven't watched Arrogance fish or their specific style of fishing but i'm guessing they slow it way down since they almost have to in a rowboat with a trolling motor. i think this is a good thing personally.

Last edited by samf on Sun Sep 12, 2010 5:37 pm; edited 1 time in total

Posted Sun Sep 12, 2010 5:26 pm

I dont know if they fish slow or not,I'm guessing if thats what the fish want,but them guys dont have any trouble getting around in that canoe.I think two good paddlers can out run a 30-40 lb trolling motor at times,especially in the wind

Posted Sun Sep 12, 2010 5:36 pm

great group of guys and great tourneys. we started last year with a canoe, upgraded to a crawdad and this year have our aluminum semi-v. though our avg weight was much higher last year with the smaller boats, lol. just can't seem to get it working this year, but always a fun time. sucks there are only a couple left.

Posted Sun Sep 12, 2010 7:02 pm

Thanks guys for the welcome I have been on this site before
but never signed up. Samf told me I should looks like it might be fun
bummer there are many tourneys left. Looking forward to fishing in some of them next year.

Thanks again
Jack

Posted Tue Sep 14, 2010 2:46 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links