Anyone interested in taking a trip up north for some ice fishing maybe an over night trip? Never been ice fishing up north looking for someone who has gone before and can pick a lake pond that will produce some fish thanks

Posted Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:27 am

Hit up Jay Wallz...he's always headin' to The Great White North...I bet he's got some spots he can share with you...If Barton's Cove(Greenfield Ma)Rt2 @ 91... is frozen over(and theres a good chance it is) you can hit that with GREAT SUCCESS you can get on the river at the cove on rt 2 or go over the bridge into "the falls" and hit the state park right on Avenue A @ First st/ave...I was there a month ago --BE WARNED the turner's falls bridge is ONE WAY ONLY(under construction)...once you head over there you have to use the backroads to circle back to rt2...DON'T GET LOST ! ...you'll be stranded for life hahahahahaha...you should be leaving for the gaurds soon no?

eastciderida

Anyone interested in taking a trip up north for some ice fishing maybe an over night trip? Never been ice fishing up north looking for someone who has gone before and can pick a lake pond that will produce some fish thanks

Posted Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:35 am

Thanks I'll send him a message later If you could confirm that place is ice disable I would appreciate it or if you hear of anywhere else

Posted Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:48 am

Here i am

How far north? Maine? Vt?
I got trips planned for both Laughing

What do you want to fish for?
I'll help if i can.

I'd hit Barton cove when it has ice too.

Posted Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:14 am

I just talked w/ my "go to" guys at Papione's in Turner's Falls...there's ONLY a 1" (skim coat)...if there's a skim coat that far to the NorthEast...finding a "SAFE" place is going to be tough closer to us here in Wista...don't put yourself at risk...I'm gonna need a partner next spring !so in short...Barton's Cove ISN'T ready yet...I drove there every day for 4 yrs...took my morning 'dump' at the mobil station accross from the launch like CLOCK WORK ...there's a few little towns out there that make me HAPPY just driving through 'em...and I'd be happy to head out with ya and show ya how t' get there...pretty easy...scary t' think how well I know that area...every farmhouse,roadhouse and outhouse ...I'm the Tommy Lee Jones of Erving Massachusetts hahahahahaha even though I'm from Worcester ! which cracks me up even more ...

eastciderida

Thanks I'll send him a message later If you could confirm that place is ice disable I would appreciate it or if you hear of anywhere else

Posted Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:15 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links