any1 have any tips? i trolled for a while the other day and didn't get a hit and there were fish jumpin everywhere.

Posted Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:19 pm

one good tip. troll as slow as possible just barely fast enough for your lure to have the right action. trout love copper colored spoons

Posted Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:50 pm

I'm not a big trout guy. But My favorite lure is made by Thomas buoyant (brown trout color) or Colorado's (gold) Cool

Slow troll in figure 8 or wide circle. I used to troll around until i got sick of trolling or didn't catch a trout prior to fishing for bass.
The stocking is heavy now so you should have good luck.

Posted Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:21 pm

My Dad is real good at trolling for Trout. Downriggers help no matter the depth, Small mooselook wobblers with colored tape and an eye ball. Jr Bomber sticks And of course, fish the thermo line!!!!

Posted Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:14 pm

Anyone troll flys?

Posted Sat Oct 13, 2012 6:32 pm

I used to trolling anything on Lake Ontario, I know this might not helpful but it won't hurt if you tried!

going figure 8 is good idea for school of trouts that stay suspended on one hole. But highly recommend to go zig-zag for awhile then do again at opposite direction. This is what it is worked well for me.

Also, sometimes, depth could be affect at where you plan to fish. just look at school of baitfish then look around for big fish. If you found school of them, go fish at right there. and trolling around it then drive through it.

Posted Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:15 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links