The sixth stop in the UBFL season on A-1 went off this past Sunday under beautiful skies and a slight wind as 16 boats headed out into the pristine waters of A-1 in there quest for glory, bragging rights and "The Belt"

Throwing out the ceremonial first Pats Perch this week was long time friend to all, fellow UBFL contributor, competitor, current member of the UBFL veterans committee, sergeant at arms, and official weigh master..... Donny "Big Fish" Capen. Thanks for all you do Donny and for freely taking on some of the work necessary to make our league successful. Your definitely part of the reason were doing so well. We all appreciate it.

The fishing was good but not great as limits were the rule again. Size was the issue as the majority of the fish brought to scale were in the 1-2 lb class with only a few bigger fish. The fishing was not fast.

Bring home "The Belt" for the third straight tournament was in Bed, Bass, and Beyond team of Justin "The Champ" Fish and Mike "Ike" Magnani. I could easily change there names to "Peanut butter and Jelly" "Ying and Yang", "Levis and Strauss" or" Ketchup and Mustard" because these men complement each others style of fishing so well and have fished together for a long time . If ones up the others down ...If ones left the others right. I guess what I'm trying to say is that the team is really tight, now how to fish together, and are really hard to beat. Two of there victories have come in large 15+ boats fields.

Sunday was no different as the two brothers of the fin flipped and tossed there way to a 15.8 lb bag winning "The Belt" Great fishing again guys!

Coming in second place this week was the standout "Young Guns ' team of Griffin "Bluegill" Bailey and this week’s partner and the father of his Lady George "Sunfish" Stevens Ole "Sunfish" was standing in for Nick "The King" Queen who was off auditioning for the bachelor TV show. The boys managed to throw there Pats and a Senko around the lake for a 14.14 bag. Awfully ballsy throwing a Pats around Stump Pond Bluegill.....of course and as usual.......the Pats accounted for the Big Bass as Bluegill tagged a Badass Bigmouthed Bluegill Banger with a Bad Attitude weighing 4.13oz.......another top finish for the team.

Third place this week went to the veteran UBFL "Bass Ninja" team of "Fast Eddie Romeo" Almeida and his longtime compatriot of torn up Senkos Josh "Senko Sensei. These two Part Fish, Part Human, part Senko brothers managed to soak worms for 45 -50 minutes at a time to get the right bites to bring in 12.8 lbs. These two guys, who also moonlight by the canal chasing really big stripers, have been showing up weekly and getting it done. Not surprised!

WE HAVE A CORRECTION ...LAST WEEKS THIRD PLACE WINNER WAS THE NOT THE YOUNG GUNS TEAM BUT RARTHER THE BassBanger TEAM. This team of Donny "Big Fish" Capen and our Puerto Rican national bass fishing champion Tony "Bassmaster" Rosarioooooo . The two fish disguised as people have been fishing the tourneys for years, are very good fisherman as we all know and have a lot of my money in there pockets. Nice to see you back on the leaderboard guys. I am very sorry for the mishap.

ON a side note....the Bass Banger team..........these two fish lol..... also just took top owners and the big scratch in the recent big boat bass tourney at White hall put on by the guys from bass pro....UBFL members showing the rest how it's done...congrats Tony and Donny on there top bag of 15lbs 4oz. Second year in a row they have carried home the scratch in one of there tourneys....hot shots!

Our next tourney is at Lake Chauncey in Westborough. It's a Sunday tourney from 7-2. We are currently full for this tourney and have a five deep wait list. Last week we went through the wait list so let me know if you want to get on this list for this ...or any other tourney.

Tight lines.......Rob

Posted Thu Jun 23, 2016 11:50 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links