Sorry for the late report…..busy

Throwing out the ceremonial first Tsunami at Knops pond recently was Tony "Bassmaster:" Rosario....The Current and perennial Puerto Rican/ American fishing champion.... Thank you Tony for your contributions to the area fishing tourney scene for the past 10 years. I can't think of a tourney he has missed since I started fishing these local tourneys. Tony has been successful for years, is always a contender to win anytime he takes to the water, and is highly respected for his abilities by all. A great guy and a good friend who is always wearing a smile and always willing to help a friend.....Thanks Tony

13 teams took to the water under threatening skies as the 8th stop in UBFL tourney season got under way Sunday at Knops pond in Groton. The fish were in a biting mood as every team brought in a full bag. Low and slow seemed to be the dominate pattern witr ha 2+ lb average size

Bringing home the belt for the 4th straight tourney they have entered was the BB&B team of Justin "The Champ" Fish and Mike "Ike and Mike" Magnani. In their quest to be the best they shattered there own previous UBFL bag record and set a NEW UBFL BAG RECORD. The Big Bass Bros hauled in a hefty 21.8 lb bag of Knops fine fatties to beat a field of 12 other boats by nearly 4 lbs...(Amazing bag of pigs). Not much to say about these to Fish Finatics that I haven't said before. Perhaps the best fishing team in the state. Bring your A game if you plan on fishing in a tourney with these guys. This week their bag was filled by floating leftover crust from their PB&J's over the weeds, punching the pads, and tossing a Pats along the edge. Doesn't matter the day or the conditions...they always have a way to catch the fish ...awesome job guys!

I hope to have a Team Championship for the best teams from all leagues organized by the end of the month. Individual and team......I'd have to put them as favorites for overall title.

Coming in 2nd this week we're the Young Guns team of Griffin "Bluegill" Bailey fishing with his good friend and the daddy of his lady Greg "Shotgun" Stevens hauling a very respectable 17.11 bag. The pad pouncers were Caught on a mix of Senkos and Pats Perch as is their style. Another payday for the Young Guns who entered this tourney leading the UBFL season point race. Way to kiss up ($) to your ladies dad Gill!

Third place this week went to the veteran UBFL team "Boys from Bedrock" Mike Fred Wells and Jeff "Barney" Portelo managed a bit of scratch besting three other team by less than 5oz. No Surprise here...these guys wake up with 15 lbs. It has been confirmed that "The Boys from Bedrock” have a certain prayer they chant that calls in the fish from all over the lake to directly below their boat. Seriously, Watch these guys fish someday and learn! 40 fish days are not uncommon with these guys.

Tight lines......Weedman

Posted Mon Jul 25, 2016 2:32 pm

I cant wait for the Dudley write up. You better include the beautiful scenery in your report!!! Very Happy

Posted Tue Jul 26, 2016 12:28 pm

yes the scenery was delightful.......from my perspective it was the perfect time and place considering what a beautiful day it was!

Posted Tue Jul 26, 2016 1:51 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links