shawneramone

pocketfisherman

Thanks James!

The rest of this conversation is scaring me Shocked !!!

You should be nervous. Gotta protect your holes

Remember, I have no problem screwing your holes. Wink

Posted Thu Aug 14, 2014 11:02 am

congrats man! looks pretty clean

Posted Thu Aug 14, 2014 3:58 pm

Good luck with the boat.It looks like it could be awesome.If the trailer is good and the hull is good the rest will come in to play.Can't beat that price for sure.Check out the beaver fever guys if you need any help on the decks and stuff like that.Dan and his buddy do some awesome work.

Posted Thu Aug 14, 2014 4:13 pm

The trailer is solid and the hull is mint. I have rebuilt boats from the keel up (the downeaster in the backround) so I'm confident I can get this thing looking and functioning pretty well. The deck is solid besides around the scupper. Rewired it today and everything works including the 1977 Johnson trolling motor haha thing would make a pretty good wall hanger. I wonder how fast it will go was thinking 35 maybe 40?

Posted Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:18 pm

old boats rock! Check out my pics. I have a 1989 bass champ, cathedral hull and went completely thru it like you are /will. Beats a monthly payment and goes 31 mph with two guys in it. The only thing left is the carpet but im in no rush. One hidden thing about the engine. I'm sure you will service the lower end and put a new impeller in but if you still have a over heating problem, go right to the head gasket. It's not hard to replace . They rot out because there is a place for water to collect even when you drain it. Have fun

Posted Fri Aug 15, 2014 7:55 am

as said above - engine engine engine - last thing you want is that crap out and ruin the trip

love the bigger one in the back - got pics from the built?

Posted Fri Aug 15, 2014 11:31 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links