Just wanted to know if there are any Flatheads or Blues in Ma and if so where? Anywhere near Boston, like lake cochituate maybe?

Posted Tue Apr 08, 2014 4:30 pm

No flatheads or blues anywhere in massachusetts.

Posted Tue Apr 08, 2014 5:13 pm

Thx. Sadly thats what i thought.

Posted Tue Apr 08, 2014 6:19 pm

You can go for carp in the Charles. They're not catfish but they get bigger than bass

Posted Tue Apr 08, 2014 6:25 pm

Thanks I was planning on doing that later in the summer once the waters warm.

Posted Tue Apr 08, 2014 6:31 pm

Ct River has big cats.... And giant Carp, I start there in a few weeks.

Posted Wed Apr 09, 2014 6:42 am

Ive seen some massive carp around here, but I'm still really struggling with casting the bait... it always falls off, and it doesn't carry without the proper weight, any tips? Also when should the carp become active again?

Posted Wed Apr 09, 2014 2:50 pm

I've only caught them by accident on night crawlers. You can try corn, not sure if it's legal in MA I would double check first. There's a lot if home made carp bait recipes online, also the hair rig seems popular with carp fisherman

Posted Wed Apr 09, 2014 2:59 pm

mikem

I've only caught them by accident on night crawlers. You can try corn, not sure if it's legal in MA I would double check first. There's a lot if home made carp bait recipes online, also the hair rig seems popular with carp fisherman

This is what sucks, EVERYTHING nails nightcrawlers from so far away. Most carp locations have something else in there with it that snag it first.

Posted Wed Apr 09, 2014 3:27 pm

Back in the day, catching catfish was fun late at night. We used to catch some big ones in the Concord River! They are in most bodies of water I'd say.

Posted Wed Apr 09, 2014 5:22 pm

In highschool we use to hang out at bell pond in worcester I have seen some cats prob 4-5 feet long in the shallows small pond with some huge catfish

Posted Wed Apr 09, 2014 5:49 pm

eastciderida

In highschool we use to hang out at bell pond in worcester I have seen some cats prob 4-5 feet long in the shallows small pond with some huge catfish

You sure those weren't carp? That sounds a little to big for MA catfish.

Posted Wed Apr 09, 2014 5:52 pm

Quaker quick oats grab small amount enough to make a ball big enough to cover trebble hooks cast with no weight. My bro inlaw used this to catch some nice carp at blackstone river. I tried it but caught nothing but snappers. Use a fluoro leader with heavy braid. I think my mistake was just going straight braid no leader. That n maybe it was snapper mating season. Corn def legal most carp fisherman chum with it.Draw them in close don't have to cast as far.

Posted Wed Apr 09, 2014 6:48 pm

Carp season is about to start, who's ready....... ZZZZ ZZZZZ ZZZZZ ZZZZZ I am! It's almost picture time, who needs a new icon pic hahahahha

Posted Wed Apr 09, 2014 7:43 pm

Definitely cats been carp fishing since I was 10.

Posted Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:25 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links