2yrs ago I was introduced to the wonderful world of senko fishing.I had such great results threw senkos almost exclusively just switched colors and how I rigged them.exception being trout n fishin at the chu. Used to get mad at guys that dissed them.Then something clicked.Decided this winter I needed to grow. Bought lots of new lures and decided yeah senko's had there time but I was determined to learn new lures.Tried my rattle trap 2 day. Had a quick hr. Hit my fav Honey hole 2nd cast yoyo technique bam big fat lady larry ! 4.26. My first fish off rattle trap a lunker.Felt great n fantastic fight. Caught one other small bass.

Posted Fri Apr 25, 2014 8:52 pm

My otherbfav purchase this winter a scale. No more guess work and have caught 3 fish worth weighing already I think it has brought me good luck! Hahaha

Posted Fri Apr 25, 2014 8:54 pm

I pretty much only fish senkos now. Some topwater frogs due to the silly weeds/pads in most lakes/ponds up my way (Chelmsford).

Posted Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:49 pm

Which scale did you pick up? I'm in the market for one too, so interested to hear opinions. Most I'm looking at online had mediocre to decent reviews at best. Can't find one that everyone says is great. Was thinking a lip-grip one.

Posted Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:26 pm

Check out the rage tail craws/lobsters. There's really no wrong way to fish them, t rig, swim it, use it as a trailer.

Posted Sat Apr 26, 2014 1:17 am

The 1st step is admitting you have a problem, the 2nd is doing something about it. Congrats to you for already being on step 3. Laughing

Posted Sat Apr 26, 2014 7:34 am

Bottom line is they catch fish! They get a bad rap as fish killers but I don't think they contribute to fish mortality any more than any other plastic bait!

Posted Sat Apr 26, 2014 8:44 am

funny thing is there are other worms you can fish wacky that are better than senkos, don't ask.

Posted Sat Apr 26, 2014 11:29 am

Gut hooking I think happens more from being a lazy fisherman.Sometimes I agree can't be avoided with real agressive fish and real bad wind. If u fish with braid and are real attentive every little bite can be detected even on the fall. All that being said, if I had one bait-lure to use if it was a matter of catch a fish or starve it would be a senko or replica.

Posted Sat Apr 26, 2014 3:36 pm

Ps. Stratos, Itwas actually one of your anti senko rants that pur a bur in my saddle hahaha! But the more I thought about i(exhales) you were right. Needed to expand my horizons and hone my bass fishing skills. I'm a better fisherman for having shelved the senko for awhile.

Posted Sat Apr 26, 2014 3:43 pm

Didn't you see the "Please don't feed the Stratos" sign?

Posted Sat Apr 26, 2014 4:08 pm

I have been loving the KVD finesse worms.
Rigged either Texas or wacky. No weights.
Slammed 4 bass off if them today!

Posted Sat Apr 26, 2014 5:57 pm

I almost never use weights. Maybe a shakey head jig head now and then but for the most part u want the worm falling as slow as possible. 90% of hits happen on the fall plus they r deadly in shallows flippin into brush or under over hanging tree limbs.

Posted Sat Apr 26, 2014 6:51 pm

Never use weights either, and have several 5 pounders from the Chu and the Gray Lady that show it works.

LOL on "expanding your techniques". I can fish anything that is made, if the senko works best, why fish another set up?

Posted Sat Apr 26, 2014 10:24 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links