Great friend of mine Darren caught and started the mount on this yesterday. 9-15 24 inches!!! He is also the Taxidermist..

Posted Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:53 am

Too bad she won't be there to spawn or for others to catch Sad

Posted Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:58 am

Yeah that's the tough part.She obviously has great genes to get that big,but on the other hand that is a fish of a lifetime. I let most of my fish go.Caught a bass that was at least 7+ but couldn't bring myself to let fish die so I could get a pin. love watching them biggins swim away

Posted Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:03 am

Caught on what? When? Certified?

Posted Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:03 am

Live bait, yesterday and she is the leader in the state!!
Certified yesterday.

Posted Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:10 am

Thanks for the info. Congrats to your friend. Shallow?

Posted Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:14 am

Nice fish.

That picture kind of makes me sad though.

Posted Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:22 am

If a taxidermist catches a fish of a lifetime, he'll probably want to show off his work. I have no problem people mounting their fish, its a lot better than eating it. And its quite possible that fishing with live bait the fish was gut hooked and the angler needed to keep it. Great fish, exciting to see.

Posted Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:24 am

Please post some pictures of the fish alive if you can get them. Hopefully he took some nice on the water pics!

Posted Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:27 am

Beauty is all I can say! Good luck on the Q on Sat!

Posted Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:29 am

WOW shes a beast. I would love to see some "live" shots of her. Again shes a BEAST!!!

Posted Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:21 am

Congrats! That must have been a thrill to reel in!

Posted Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:56 am

Absolutely no reason for doing that with the replicas that can be done Exclamation

Posted Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:33 pm

thelucky

If a taxidermist catches a fish of a lifetime, he'll probably want to show off his work. I have no problem people mounting their fish, its a lot better than eating it. And its quite possible that fishing with live bait the fish was gut hooked and the angler needed to keep it. Great fish, exciting to see.

I agree. They're called trophy fish for a reason.

Posted Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:38 pm

Heck of a bass. Congo Rats on that.

Meh, I could take or leave the whole trophy thing. I think most people know how i feel at this point lol. I don't condone nor enjoy trophy hunting or fishing, but that is my choice and one I don't enforce on anyone. I try to get folks to use proper fish care but if you wanna keep a fish and you do it legally and respectfully then so be it, that is your call.

I'd honestly rather see it eaten and have a replica made. I mean then at least it would be used and not just wasted..but again. not my call and I dun disrespect anyone for enjoying their passions.

Posted Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:57 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links