Went for a ride this morning with my dog to checkout out the water levels at some nearby ponds. Water levels were extremely low and lots of green algae. I went to Beaver pond in Milford where the boat ramp has now by blocked off by the owner. I've seen 2 local private ponds shut down this summer do to trash! He left a note for the people who go on his land and I thought it was a great write up and would share it. (Sorry for the bad picture, view full size to read)
I would say 90% of the trash I see at fishing holes are beer bottles and cans. I understand no one wants to get pulled over with empties in your car but to trash the area you fish is stupid. I guess this post is just a reminder to do your part and start letting the ignorant people who trash these places know that its unacceptable.

Posted Thu Sep 25, 2014 11:54 am

You can't fix stupid! Laughing

Posted Thu Sep 25, 2014 12:25 pm

if you are talking about Beaver Pond in Bellingham behind the cement plant it has been closed all year.

Posted Thu Sep 25, 2014 12:57 pm

oldfisher

if you are talking about Beaver Pond in Bellingham behind the cement plant it has been closed all year.

Yup, sorry Bellingham. The boat ramp has been closed but the guys working in the yard said you could still fish but have to park you vehicle up top. Either way it can be frustrating that just a few can ruin it for everyone. Evil or Very Mad

Posted Thu Sep 25, 2014 1:26 pm

don51

You can't fix stupid! Laughing

unfortunately your probably right.
Crying or Very sad

Posted Thu Sep 25, 2014 1:28 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links