While fishin for bait with ultra light gear,was pleasantly surprised to catch a decent 13 in rainbow and what I believe to be a native brookie. Didn't even think this river had hold overs. Thought to shallow n warm. Anyone know minimum size brookies they stock? This brookie was like 4in didn't think they stock them that small.

Posted Thu Oct 16, 2014 8:10 am

Location?

Posted Thu Oct 16, 2014 10:44 am

They don't. 4" brookie would be a native.

Posted Thu Oct 16, 2014 11:30 am

deffinatly natives. KEEP THAT PLACE QUITE!!!!!!! DONT TELL ANYONE. a place like that is a gem, it can and will get ruined very quickly if word gets out.

Posted Thu Oct 16, 2014 12:34 pm

bassturds

a place like that is a gem, it can and will get ruined very quickly if word gets out.

Agreed. I have leaked some good locations before for native trout, and had the spots ruined. (People always there, trash everywhere, probably some poaching, etc.)

I know of a dozen or so tiny streams that hold native brookies from when I was really into hiking in remote spots. I'd go to a new town every week and hike through whatever woods there were nearby with a 6 piece travel fly rod. If I'd find a stream, I'd mark the locations on map (this was before Iphones and Google Maps!). You'd be surprised how many streams there are in MA that hold native brookies.

Posted Thu Oct 16, 2014 2:24 pm

Actually gets stocked in spring. Not heavily fished though even though fairly urban area. I catch my bait there so nope not telling. Just thought most trout died off cause not real deep or wide but guess flowing water gives enough oxygen. Just never fished in the fall.

Posted Thu Oct 16, 2014 9:11 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links