Hey guys looking to join a paper club to fish the state fish offs next year. If any one knows of one I could join the help would be greatly appreciated . Thanks Very Happy

Posted Fri Sep 11, 2015 7:57 am

BASS or TBF? I don't know any off hand, but will keep an eye out.

Posted Fri Sep 11, 2015 8:02 am

meat7gtk

BASS or TBF? I don't know any off hand, but will keep an eye out.

Bass or TBF , doesn't really matter . Never fished a state qualifier and I would really like to .

Posted Fri Sep 11, 2015 8:22 am

Wow, paper clubs still exist? It's been about 20 years since I've been in a MA Federation club, they were around back then. Things haven't changed I guess.

It's not that hard to do it the correct way, and it feels better too, like you actually earned it. The saying then was : paper club=pond scum.

Posted Fri Sep 11, 2015 2:25 pm

chrisfishd

Wow, paper clubs still exist? It's been about 20 years since I've been in a MA Federation club, they were around back then. Things haven't changed I guess.

It's not that hard to do it the correct way, and it feels better too, like you actually earned it. The saying then was : paper club=pond scum.

Its one of the main reasons I dropped out of the fed/tbf. My club did it right. I had a great club with competitive anglers battleing it out to make it . then you had the "other" guys only prefishing the fish off bow all year.

Posted Fri Sep 11, 2015 3:59 pm

chrisfishd

. Don't see what's wrong with a paper club ? It's not like qualifying through A club makes it more challenging , the real challenge is doing well once u get to the fish offs . I'm fishing the northern opens next year and don't have time to fish any club tourneys , or go to meetings which should all be online in this day and age . When I go to fish the opens I wonder if they'll ask me if earned the money to be there ? Or if I earned my boat ? I've earned it !

Posted Fri Sep 11, 2015 4:26 pm

Dang, qualifying through a real club is the way you are supposed to do it. Guys are supposed to battle it out and then send their BEST to compete with everyone elses BEST. Thats what was visualized and put in motion when they started the fish offs and road to the classic. Then some guys got together and schemed up a short cut where they could put their 8 names and their wives/gf 8 names on a roster ( at one time you could only send 1/2 your club up to a total of 8 no matter how big the club), no one competes which freed them up to do other tourneys and they all get to go to the fish offs... known as a short cut.

It would be like the Bruins, Pats, Celtics or Red Sox making the playoffs every year without having to compete in the regular season while most other teams did.

Posted Fri Sep 11, 2015 9:53 pm

stratos1966

Dang, qualifying through a real club is the way you are supposed to do it. Guys are supposed to battle it out and then send their BEST to compete with everyone elses BEST. Thats what was visualized and put in motion when they started the fish offs and road to the classic. Then some guys got together and schemed up a short cut where they could put their 8 names and their wives/gf 8 names on a roster ( at one time you could only send 1/2 your club up to a total of 8 no matter how big the club), no one competes which freed them up to do other tourneys and they all get to go to the fish offs... known as a short cut.

It would be like the Bruins, Pats, Celtics or Red Sox making the playoffs every year without having to compete in the regular season while most other teams did.

i hear ya just don't like the whole club thing. Mostly because of the meetings , I was part of of a couple clubs in years past and won multiple tournaments that the purse didn't even cover the gas money I spent ,didn't make much sense to me.

Posted Fri Sep 11, 2015 10:03 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links