Has anyone ever shopped at Cabela's? Just wondering how it compares to BPS?

http://www.cabelas.com/stores/store_info.jsp?pageName=063

Posted Fri Mar 06, 2015 3:11 pm

I've shopped at the store in Hamburg, PA about four times. It's a different feel than the BassPro in Foxboro but not all that much different. The Cabelas has a somewhat better flyfishing department. Don't know if the Berlin store will be an "A" store though.

Posted Fri Mar 06, 2015 3:47 pm

There isn't a major difference. Minor difference in some off the brands they carry.

Posted Fri Mar 06, 2015 3:51 pm

Yes, I have shopped at both BPS and Cabelas. Honestly, from my experience, they are pretty similar. BPS has a bit more fishing stuff, although not by much. It's awesome being in either of these stores.

Bloomago, I agree on the fly fishing departments. Bass Pro Shops has a horrible fly fishing department, but Cabelas is better. Neither can compare to a local fly shop though.

Posted Fri Mar 06, 2015 3:51 pm

The new Cabela's will be a smaller store than the ones in Maine or E. Hartford. The fishing depts can't compare to Basspro. The one in E. Hartford was a disorganized mess. But Cabela's stores are brighter and have more eye catching displays of stuff you don't need. Your wife will like it.

Posted Fri Mar 06, 2015 9:23 pm

When will it be open?

Posted Sun Mar 08, 2015 11:37 am

I went to the Cabelas in Maine. I felt like there were more sales going on. It was worth the trip. There's a cool rib joint in the same parking lot

Posted Sun Mar 08, 2015 12:28 pm

You only went for the ribs.

Posted Sun Mar 08, 2015 12:32 pm

catfishkid

Yes, I have shopped at both BPS and Cabelas. Honestly, from my experience, they are pretty similar. BPS has a bit more fishing stuff, although not by much. It's awesome being in either of these stores.

Bloomago, I agree on the fly fishing departments. Bass Pro Shops has a horrible fly fishing department, but Cabelas is better. Neither can compare to a local fly shop though.

I would agree with all said here so far.
I'll also add ( my opinion) that it seems that BP has targeted allot of their product towards the working man over the years. Cabelas tends to target to "the upper middle class". There are exceptions/ crossover areas of course. The other thing I find is that Cabelas tends to be a bit more expensive (especially their shipping.) . I tend to shop there these days only during clearance events despite having their cc.. Their CS is as good as Bean though.

Posted Sun Mar 08, 2015 1:36 pm

I'll have to check it out. Thanks!

Posted Sun Mar 08, 2015 9:11 pm

any date when it opens?

Posted Mon Mar 09, 2015 7:15 pm

I am excited, never been to a Cabela's. Not sure if it'll be worth the 3 hour ride though lol. Hopefully what Shawn said will come to fruition as far as more sales going on, to make it worth the gas.

Posted Mon Mar 09, 2015 7:57 pm

Cabela's Announces Opening Date of Berlin, Mass., Store
Doors to open at 10 a.m. Thursday, March 26; weekend-long celebration to follow.

Found this announcement online- not sure how happy my wife will be as its only 15 minutes from my house Very Happy

Posted Tue Mar 10, 2015 9:42 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links