I have a few of the stradic 1000 fg used for trout fishing .would these be good large mouth reels or will I beet the piss out of them hate to use if so they are like new but small need input and I am not light on gear

Posted Thu Apr 02, 2015 3:02 pm

What are you using for a rod? You want a rod with some backbone that will help offset the small reel.

You can use that for bass....stradics are great reels (I own 4 of them). They can handle big bass but the 1000 doesn't hold a lot of line.

Posted Thu Apr 02, 2015 4:36 pm

thanks for reply very helpful .looking to get a pair of spinning rods for these reels they were on lamaglas rods but made for trout or small mouth fishing..blank length of 5.5 to short and wimpy thinking duckets rods mead heavy...

Posted Thu Apr 02, 2015 5:04 pm

thanks for reply very helpful .looking to get a pair of spinning rods for these reels they were on lamaglas rods but made for trout or small mouth fishing..blank length of 5.5 to short and wimpy thinking duckets rods mead heavy...

Posted Thu Apr 02, 2015 5:05 pm

Would be fine for finesse fishing. Drop shot, small tubes, etc. ML rod.

Posted Thu Apr 02, 2015 6:36 pm

I here what your saying I have always used conventional reels and own four high end reels .but with all the new ways of finesse fishing spinning reels seem like the new thing so just trying to dust off some reels and put them on one of those funky new rods that are out.

Posted Thu Apr 02, 2015 7:25 pm

I here what your saying I have always used conventional reels and own four high end reels .but with all the new ways of finesse fishing spinning reels seem like the new thing so just trying to dust off some reels and put them on one of those funky new rods that are out.

Posted Thu Apr 02, 2015 7:27 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links