with summer fishing heating up, and fantastic looking weather for this Saturday, my buddy and I will be taking the yaks down to Plymouth to try out little long. I have heard the stories for bass out of there nearing 10 pounds, and seen 4s and 5s on other fishing apps, but was wondering if anyone on here has ever gone, what's the conditions like? I know it is very small, like 20 acres or something like that, and pretty clear water, but what will they be goin for, and what kind of luck have you all had for bass, and other stuff out on little long and long? if little long turns out to be a bust, we are going to throw the yaks in long to try some bass, and possibly trout if all else fails

Posted Wed Jul 08, 2015 4:55 pm

Do a search. The pond has been discussed a few times! Appears to be a pretty average pond based on reports.

Posted Wed Jul 08, 2015 7:00 pm

I have never done well there until last summer and caught a few decent fish. Try a big curly tail worm in between the two points. There's a deep hole in between the points. Hope this helps

Posted Wed Jul 08, 2015 7:24 pm

Pave it

Posted Wed Jul 08, 2015 9:49 pm

Really Shawn.I went there yesterday and caught 4 and lost about 6.All were caught on a jig.First one in the pads about 2.5,the rest on flats near points.All fish hit on the drop of the cast.I got no 1 bite on the retrieve.Biggest was a 3 with 2 smaller ones.The others felt like solid hook ups but they shook the jig.
The deepest water is about 8'between the points.Rocks behind the island and the eastern point.The rest of the pond is pretty shallow.Not much vegetation but has a lot of laydowns.At times they will be shallow by the girl scout camp,not to be overlooked.I have caught good fish here.4,5 and 6 pounders can be had if you can find them.Early morning and evening are the best times here for bigger fish.
If you want to go for monsters hit the big lake next door.

Posted Thu Jul 09, 2015 3:16 am

Best fishing is in and around the grass lining the right shoreline just as you launch and in the back side where the island and points are... Some good size boulders back there for big fish to hide around

Posted Thu Jul 09, 2015 3:10 pm

If Shawn and Sam can catch fish there, anyone can

Posted Thu Jul 09, 2015 3:25 pm

don't blow up my honey hole

Posted Thu Jul 09, 2015 6:51 pm

You said hole

Posted Fri Jul 10, 2015 5:33 am

Gotta put this one on the list!

Posted Fri Jul 10, 2015 6:34 pm

Just remember that no gas motors are allowed there.topper and other small craft suggested because the launch is very shallow.Make sure you have all required safety equipment too.Th epo frequently pass by there.

Posted Sat Jul 11, 2015 12:45 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links