Trying to find out how the lillypads are since the weeds were treated a few weeks ago.

Posted Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:20 am

I was there last Friday. The treatment didn't seem to have any effect on the pads. They are still there! Caught 6 or 7 bass, nothing over 2lb.

Posted Thu Aug 06, 2015 11:54 am

Thanks

Posted Thu Aug 06, 2015 11:57 am

I was there this past Tuesday for a bit, only caught a bluegill but I saw a lot of surface action near the lily pads so you should be good!

Posted Thu Aug 06, 2015 2:51 pm

Sweet, thats good to know, I've been avoiding it since the treatment.

Posted Sat Aug 08, 2015 9:56 am

Oldham got treated last Wed. I got booted off, didn't see the sign at the launch. The water definitely is cleaner over there this year compared to last year.

Posted Sat Aug 08, 2015 11:09 am

Went over there this morning and fished the south end. Water is a mess, all scummy with oil and algae. Was like the dead sea! Couple of weak hits on a power worm and that was it. When I was leaving I noticed signs were up that it was being treated today with weed killer or whatever. They are determined to get rid of those pads! Spoke with a woman from the Health Dept. who stated the dredging project is still on track to happen.

Posted Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:56 am

Its only about 8 ft deep at its deepest part, which is kind of the norm for lakes in that area. But dredging it wouldn't be such a bad thing once the work is completed.

Posted Tue Aug 25, 2015 12:11 pm

Went over this morning to see what effect the latest treatment had on the fishing. After last year's treatment, the bite was dead for the rest of the season. Took awhile to get something going. Got 6, biggest around 3lb, my biggest at that place. Lost a couple and missed a few other strikes. Wasn't a bad morning. Oh, and still plenty of pads! Laughing

Posted Thu Sep 03, 2015 11:13 am

Thanks for the report Don!

Posted Thu Sep 03, 2015 11:26 am

Hope I didn't blow it up! Laughing Laughing

Posted Thu Sep 03, 2015 12:07 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links