Hey what's up any electric motor tournaments coming up from Boston area looking to get in a tourney with a buddy of mine...thanks

Posted Wed Sep 02, 2015 11:07 am

I'd like to know this too. Any MAFF tourneys in the works?

Posted Wed Sep 02, 2015 11:51 am

I'm up for a cartopper. I thought I saw on here a catch, photo, release tourney. That has to be one of the best ideas I've heard in a while. It opens the field for kayak/Jon boat anglers, and puts less stress on the fishes. I'm new and still have a hard time navigating the site, but just noticed this so I'm interested. Also interested in a shoreline fishing tourney too, that same format would work well also.

Posted Wed Sep 02, 2015 12:53 pm

I would be in for one im in the boston area

Posted Wed Sep 02, 2015 1:52 pm

chrisfishd

I'm up for a cartopper. I thought I saw on here a catch, photo, release tourney. That has to be one of the best ideas I've heard in a while. It opens the field for kayak/Jon boat anglers, and puts less stress on the fishes. I'm new and still have a hard time navigating the site, but just noticed this so I'm interested. Also interested in a shoreline fishing tourney too, that same format would work well also.

Here you go:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/861573400585393/permalink/872002869542446

That's the next tournament. Man- and electric-powered.

Posted Thu Sep 03, 2015 2:16 am

It would be cool to see a MAFF cartopper trail next year at least.

Posted Thu Sep 03, 2015 2:44 pm

Thanks for the link Kenwood. I can't access though, don't have a Facebook account. Did you happen to notice where and when?

Posted Thu Sep 03, 2015 3:49 pm

chrisfishd

Thanks for the link Kenwood. I can't access though, don't have a Facebook account. Did you happen to notice where and when?

It's Sunday, September 12, 6 AM to 2 PM, at the Norton Reservoir, $50 entry fee. Message Joe here (http://www.mafishfinder.com/view_profile.php?id=17378), he runs it. =)

Posted Thu Sep 03, 2015 11:59 pm

Nice, thanks you.

Posted Fri Sep 04, 2015 4:15 am

Thanks guys for replying. ..I fished norton res. Last Sat. ...do you have to join a group or team for tourneys, if so how do you go about it...and are most tourney on Sunday, that's hard for me because I'm a head coach for a pop warner team and our games are Sunday morning. ..thanks I really appreciate all the help

Posted Fri Sep 04, 2015 11:13 am

tony22

Thanks guys for replying. ..I fished norton res. Last Sat. ...do you have to join a group or team for tourneys, if so how do you go about it...and are most tourney on Sunday, that's hard for me because I'm a head coach for a pop warner team and our games are Sunday morning. ..thanks I really appreciate all the help

I remember my time in pop warner. Those were the good old days...

Posted Fri Sep 04, 2015 11:51 am

Tournaments can be on any day you want to make them on. You just have to make sure the permit is for the right day. Permits need to be gotten well in advance if you want to secure the days you want to fish on. They fill up fast, so be warned. Each city/town is different. Some will let you get them very early and some will not. You gotta put your time in and make your calls to find out which do which. Some guys have continued to get permits and tried to keep things going, but it's a lot of time and work for one person to undertake.

Personally I'd like to see a topper trail start up again for next year and wouldn't even mind doing the leg work and running a few myself up on the North Shore. I think if a handful of people start communicating together and get a realistic list together of bodies of water north, south and west of Boston that are topper friendly, that would give a variety of locations, places and dates to fish for many different anglers. If you can make it great, if not then see you the next time around. It used to work out pretty good, but then personalities and egos got in the way. It can be done if people let it! Just my 2 cents Smile .

Posted Fri Sep 04, 2015 12:34 pm

pocketfisherman

Personally I'd like to see a topper trail start up again for next year and wouldn't even mind doing the leg work and running a few myself up on the North Shore. I think if a handful of people start communicating together and get a realistic list together of bodies of water north, south and west of Boston that are topper friendly, that would give a variety of locations, places and dates to fish for many different anglers. If you can make it great, if not then see you the next time around. It used to work out pretty good, but then personalities and egos got in the way. It can be done if people let it! Just my 2 cents Smile .

This would be very cool. There isn't much I could find on the north shore as far as cartoppers went, so seeing at last a few of them further north would be nice. Something to bring up again in the winter...

Posted Fri Sep 04, 2015 12:56 pm

slabosourous

pocketfisherman

I would like to see a topper trail also ,one that fishes all small wAters in the cape . Toppers with live wells only ,100$ entry ,winner take all 10 boat max , $1000 first place !! Now that would be awesome but I guess I'm just dreaming!lol

This would be very cool. There isn't much I could find on the north shore as far as cartoppers went, so seeing at last a few of them further north would be nice. Something to bring up again in the winter...

Posted Fri Sep 04, 2015 4:01 pm

Only problem I have with winner take all is people drive from all over and although you do get to fish, it's nice to have the possibility of winning first and/or lunker, but also to at least be able to get your $ plus a little more than or at least your entrance fee back by placing 2nd or 3rd (depending on size of field) and you get to walk a little taller that day as well.

Posted Fri Sep 04, 2015 5:23 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links