Hi guys, stumbled across this forum while looking for kayak bass fishing tournaments in MA. I live in central MA and most of the ponds on the 2015 list are right around me and I would love to fish in some of the tournaments this upcoming spring. Any info about the 2016 schedule would be greatly appreciated. I know its a little early to be thinking about spring but with the lack of safe ice around I cant help it. Thanks for any info.

Tight lines,

Chris

Posted Wed Feb 17, 2016 5:56 pm

chrisg819

Hi guys, stumbled across this forum while looking for kayak bass fishing tournaments in MA. I live in central MA and most of the ponds on the 2015 list are right around me and I would love to fish in some of the tournaments this upcoming spring. Any info about the 2016 schedule would be greatly appreciated. I know its a little early to be thinking about spring but with the lack of safe ice around I cant help it. Thanks for any info.

Tight lines,

Chris

Tom should be posting the MAFF trail soon. I know it'll be a smaller trail this year, with just six tournaments. I imagine some of us will put together a few others, though.

I'm running a new trail this year, too, plus another bracketed one-on-one series. You can check out this thread for more info:

http://www.mafishfinder.com/phpBB2/massachusetts-kayak-bassin-new-tournament-trail-for-2016-t14444.html

Very Happy

Posted Wed Feb 17, 2016 7:04 pm

chrisg819

Tight lines,

Chris

welcome chris...i'm also chris from central mass - what ponds do you fish?

Posted Wed Feb 17, 2016 7:26 pm

Tom should be posting the MAFF trail soon. I know it'll be a smaller trail this year, with just six tournaments. I imagine some of us will put together a few others, though.

I'm running a new trail this year, too, plus another bracketed one-on-one series. You can check out this thread for more info:

http://www.mafishfinder.com/phpBB2/massachusetts-kayak-bassin-new-tournament-trail-for-2016-t14444.html

Very Happy[/quote]

Appreciate the info! I will definitely keep my eye on this forum for those upcoming tournaments. I checked out the link you gave me to the trail you are running and I am definitely interested in fishing those as well so I will keep my eye on that forum too since I think Im one of the only people that doesnt have a facebook!

Thanks,
Chris

Posted Wed Feb 17, 2016 7:26 pm

[/quote]welcome chris...i'm also chris from central mass - what ponds do you fish?[/quote]

My home pond is South Meadow Pond in Clinton, MA. But some of my favorites are A-1 and Lake Chauncy. I also do a lot of fishing in the ponds on Cape Cod.

Posted Wed Feb 17, 2016 7:31 pm

chrisg819

Very Happy

Appreciate the info! I will definitely keep my eye on this forum for those upcoming tournaments. I checked out the link you gave me to the trail you are running and I am definitely interested in fishing those as well so I will keep my eye on that forum too since I think Im one of the only people that doesnt have a facebook!

Thanks,
Chris

You're not the only one without a Facebook account, so I will definitely be posting updates in that thread.

I created a group for it here as well, but quickly learned that the group feature is pretty lame. So instead I'm planning to put a simple website online.

Posted Wed Feb 17, 2016 7:46 pm

chrisg819

welcome chris...i'm also chris from central mass - what ponds do you fish?[/quote]

My home pond is South Meadow Pond in Clinton, MA. But some of my favorites are A-1 and Lake Chauncy. I also do a lot of fishing in the ponds on Cape Cod.[/quote]i grew up in lancaster....fish so. meadow all of the time....both washacums...wachusett - lots of the area's ponds..a few friends do chuancy and a-1 , but for some reason i never get out there

Posted Wed Feb 17, 2016 9:08 pm

evidently i dont know how to quote

Posted Wed Feb 17, 2016 9:10 pm

[/quote]i grew up in lancaster....fish so. meadow all of the time....both washacums...wachusett - lots of the area's ponds..a few friends do chuancy and a-1 , but for some reason i never get out there[/quote]

They are great bets for big fish if youre willing to put in the time. I do a lot of smallmouth fishing at the chu and I'm on both washacums alot because I know a couple sterling residents that can park at the beach.

-Chris

Posted Wed Feb 17, 2016 9:19 pm

i need to get a sterling beach hookup....do have a friend of a friend on the lake that i could probably park at the house - i did to ice fish...it's a great place when you find 'em

Posted Wed Feb 17, 2016 9:28 pm

snow66

evidently i dont know how to quote

Neither of you do. Laughing

Posted Wed Feb 17, 2016 9:57 pm

Welcome to the forum.

Posted Thu Feb 18, 2016 9:57 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links