Hey, guys.

I'll be running a new trail next year, which will be open to man-powered watercraft (kayaks, canoes, etc.). There will be 10 tournaments, starting in April.

This is the tentative schedule, though most are already confirmed (permitted):

April 16, 7-3 - Stump Pond/Robbins Pond (Halifax/East Bridgewater)
May 7, 6-2 - Billington Sea (Plymouth)
May 28, 6-2 - Oldham Pond (Pembroke)
June 11, 6-2 - Ponkapoag Pond (Canton)
June 25, 6-2 - Snipatuit Pond (Rochester) *
July 9, 6-2 - Johns Pond (Mashpee) *
July 23, 6-2 - Neponset Reservoir (Foxboro)
August 27, 6-2 - Dudley Pond (Wayland)
September 17, 7-3 - Lake Nippenicket (Bridgewater)
October 8, 7-3 - Norton Reservoir (Norton) *

* Roadrunner events

Anyway, it's winter so I won't post much about it just yet, but there is a Facebook page that just went live...

https://www.facebook.com/groups/makayakbassin

If you're interested, join the group. =)

I'll also be running/overseeing another series, called the Knockout Series. This one is pretty much a copy of Rich LeBlanc's Grudge Match series, only for kayaks and such. Should be a fun one!

Anyway, that Facebook page can be found here:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/makayakbassinkoseries

Again, if interested, join the group. If you don't have Facebook and are interested in either, just let me know and I'll send you whatever info you need. =)

And if you know anyone who might be interested, please share this with them. Thanks!

Last edited by kenwood on Fri Mar 25, 2016 11:33 am; edited 10 times in total

Posted Thu Dec 31, 2015 12:39 am

AWESOME JOB KEN!!! the Facebook Page looks great and your schedule is excellent, I will definitely get in on the majority of those Very Happy

Posted Thu Dec 31, 2015 7:49 am

I'm in Ken. I don't do the Facebook, but I'll keep an eye out here or I'll send you my email and cell if you do notifications, thanks.

Posted Thu Dec 31, 2015 10:00 am

purpleturkey

AWESOME JOB KEN!!! the Facebook Page looks great and your schedule is excellent, I will definitely get in on the majority of those Very Happy

Sweet! Very Happy

Posted Thu Dec 31, 2015 10:34 am

chrisfishd

I'm in Ken. I don't do the Facebook, but I'll keep an eye out here or I'll send you my email and cell if you do notifications, thanks.

Sounds good, man! =)

Posted Thu Dec 31, 2015 10:35 am

Ken l don't have Facebook also so I'll definitely want to some of the tournaments.I am in

Posted Thu Dec 31, 2015 11:41 am

Cant wait to get back out there!

Posted Thu Dec 31, 2015 4:50 pm

kenwood

purpleturkey

Sweet! Very Happy

ken what's the road runner event ? I've never fished a kayak tournament but neponset sounds good, these are CPR tournaments rite ? What equipment do I need to fish?

Posted Fri Jan 01, 2016 9:10 am

Looks good, Ken. Can't believe you don't have your favorite pond on the list! I'll be posting a separate 6 Tourney schedule soon.,

Posted Fri Jan 01, 2016 3:51 pm

dang

kenwood

purpleturkey

Sweet! Very Happy

ken what's the road runner event ? I've never fished a kayak tournament but neponset sounds good, these are CPR tournaments rite ? What equipment do I need to fish?

You'll need a Hawg Trough or equivalent. Basically a concave measuring board. Here are some links:

There are many different brands and versions of measuring boards. The industry standard board is concave (i.e. not flat), which if anything is the sensible standard, as the curve of the board will assist in keeping the fish in place. Here are a few links if you're looking to purchase one.

FISHING ONLINE

http://www.fishingonline.com/hawg-trough-measuring-board-pre-lined-floating

Probably the best bargain out there if you don’t want to do any modifications yourself. This board is pre-lined and it floats.

HOOK1

http://www.kayakfishinggear.com/products/hook-1-hawg-trough-measuring-board

Can be upgraded to float, will need to have lines darkened. Order through me and get a 10% discount.

CABELAS

http://www.cabelas.com/product/hawg-trough-measuring-board/738039.uts

Does not float, will need to have lines darkened.

BASS PRO SHOPS

http://www.basspro.com/Frabill-Bump-Board/product/1308090616361

Floats and is collapsible, but will need to have lines darkened.

You'll also need a digital camera. As of right now we'll be using TourneyX to score the tournaments, so a cell phone with Internet access would work best. That way everyone gets live updates throughout the day. It'll add an interesting dynamic to the tournaments, I think.

Either way, cell phone or digital camera will work. I'll always bring a tablet or something so I can upload photos from SD cards and whatnot.

As for the roadrunner events, those basically mean anglers can launch from more than one area. Like at Snipatuit, I'll hold registrations at the Long/Black Pond ramp, but if people want to register then shoot up to the state ramp and launch from there, they can do that.

Posted Fri Jan 01, 2016 11:10 pm

I just started kayak fishing last season and really looking forward to jumping in some of these tourneys!

Posted Sun Jan 03, 2016 12:13 pm

greenie14

I just started kayak fishing last season and really looking forward to jumping in some of these tourneys!

Hell yeah greenie!!!!!!!! Can't wait till we tear it up this year!

Posted Sun Jan 03, 2016 5:01 pm

Very cool. Hope to see you guys at some of the events! =)

If you have Facebook accounts, definitely join the group(s). I'll post info on every tournament on MAFF, but the Facebook page will likely get a lot more attention/updates from folks.

Posted Sun Jan 03, 2016 6:02 pm

Ken, please send me updates as well. I do not have Facebook.

Posted Sun Jan 03, 2016 7:56 pm

Thanks man this looks awesome! I just joined both groups, sorry i've never been in a tournament before, can we be using more than one rod at once or is there no real against that?

Posted Sun Jan 03, 2016 9:16 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links