How about this:

http://www.mafishfinder.com/view_group.php?id=156

A MAFF group page. I'll still post stuff to the forum, but a group might make it easier to consolidate things for those MAFF users without Facebook accounts.

So join the MAFF group if you don't have a Facebook account. Or join it regardless. =)

Posted Mon Jan 04, 2016 12:14 am

eaglefishing

Thanks man this looks awesome! I just joined both groups, sorry i've never been in a tournament before, can we be using more than one rod at once or is there no real against that?

That's a good question. Typically the answer is no, you can't have more than one lure in the water at any given time. I think I'm gonna go with yes for the MAKB tournaments, but only if one line is snagged on structure you're fishing.

So, say you toss a senko into a laydown and snag a branch, you can then leave that there and flip a crankbait in or whatever. That way you don't have to immediately ruin a spot to retrieve a snagged lure. You can fish it, then go in after your lure.

But other than that, you can only have one rod in the water at a time.

Posted Mon Jan 04, 2016 12:19 am

All right, folks, we still have a while until April rolls around, but I wanted to get going on the Knockout Series early. Unless interest in the series picks up, I'm going to cap it at 32 anglers. Currently we have 30 people in the group, so I'm confident we can get 32 anglers to sign up.

With 32 anglers there will be five rounds, with the final two anglers taking home $800 and $400, respectively. Plus $200 each for the anglers with Longest Fish and Longest Combined Limit.

I'm going to pair anglers on March 15 and then post a video of the pairings, so if you intend to compete please PayPal the entry fee ($50) to ken@kallenwood.com (choose the Send Money to Friends of Family option) as soon as possible, or message me for my mailing address if you want to send a check or money order.

If you're not sure what the Knockout Series is, check out the link below. Let's make this thing happen! We need 32. Should be a great series!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/makayakbassinkoseries/members/

Posted Wed Jan 27, 2016 11:24 pm

Can you explain rules on knockout series. I'm might be interest into this. Not confirm it yet.

Posted Thu Jan 28, 2016 4:17 pm

deaffisherman

Can you explain rules on knockout series. I'm might be interest into this. Not confirm it yet.

Here's the quick explanation:

The Massachusetts Kayak Bassin’ Knockout Series is a bracketed, three-fish limit, CPR (catch, photo, release), one-on-one tournament series. Fish until you’re knocked out of the competition! Entry fee is a one-time, non-refundable (after March 14, 2016) payment of $50. Anglers will be randomly paired in mid-March and will have one month to get their match complete, beginning in April. Winners of each round will move on until one angler remains victorious above all others.

If you need more details, just ask and I'll post the full rules and such (I'm heading out right now).

Posted Thu Jan 28, 2016 5:14 pm

Wow. That's awesome idea. One question - how do one vs one match does? Pick one day or whole month or something like that?

Posted Thu Jan 28, 2016 7:13 pm

deaffisherman

Wow. That's awesome idea. One question - how do one vs one match does? Pick one day or whole month or something like that?

Yeah, it's a cool idea, but I can't take credit for it. I "stole" the idea from Rich LeBlanc and his Grudge Match series (the same thing but for bass boats and cartoppers). Very Happy

Anyway, yeah, once anglers are paired, they have one month to coordinate their match, pick a lake, day, time, etc. It's not a month-long tournament; folks just have a month to get it done. Some of the rules can be altered to preference, too.

If you have a Facebook account, check out our page and the detailed rules and such:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/makayakbassinkoseries

Posted Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:39 pm

Aha, rich's system. I'm definitely back out. Thank for offer explanations.

Posted Thu Jan 28, 2016 11:55 pm

deaffisherman

Aha, rich's system. I'm definitely back out. Thank for offer explanations.

Just curious, what is it about "Rich's system" that you don't like?

Posted Fri Jan 29, 2016 2:40 am

There is nothing wrong with rich's system. Sorry if I sounded like douchebag on previous post. Anyway, I just like my spots hidden from anyone. While rule stated you and other team has to fish on same lake. This specific rule is what I don't like.

I had bad experience with going tourney on kayak that I won. then next few month, I have seen people being regularly pounded my spots. But I fished this pond for three years now and seen one or two boaters/kayakers in that span. Then now, it is 5-6 boats/kayaks at every outing I have been going to this specific pond. Hence the reason why I don't want to do this kind of tourney. If it was online tourney that anyone can fish whatever they want to go but post fish pictures/video on fb page on specific day. I'm might will consider to play.

Sorry but I'm sure you will understand this. Since I don't like to give away my spots that I have been working hard to find it. good luck! Hope T going smooth this spring for everyone.

Posted Fri Jan 29, 2016 9:57 am

deaffisherman

There is nothing wrong with rich's system. Sorry if I sounded like douchebag on previous post. Anyway, I just like my spots hidden from anyone. While rule stated you and other team has to fish on same lake. This specific rule is what I don't like.

I had bad experience with going tourney on kayak that I won. then next few month, I have seen people being regularly pounded my spots. But I fished this pond for three years now and seen one or two boaters/kayakers in that span. Then now, it is 5-6 boats/kayaks at every outing I have been going to this specific pond. Hence the reason why I don't want to do this kind of tourney. If it was online tourney that anyone can fish whatever they want to go but post fish pictures/video on fb page on specific day. I'm might will consider to play.

Sorry but I'm sure you will understand this. Since I don't like to give away my spots that I have been working hard to find it. good luck! Hope T going smooth this spring for everyone.

pretty simple , just don't bring anyone to your best spots .

Posted Fri Jan 29, 2016 10:18 am

dang

deaffisherman

pretty simple , just don't bring anyone to your best spots .

Right. You don't have to fish your honey hole.

Posted Fri Jan 29, 2016 10:32 am

Ken,
I would like to sign up for the knockout series also. Where do you sign up for that? I joined the group, but not sure if that is the correct spot. Thanks Chris

Posted Fri Jan 29, 2016 10:49 am

chrisfishd

Ken,

I would like to sign up for the knockout series also. Where do you sign up for that? I joined the group, but not sure if that is the correct spot. Thanks Chris

I just posted info in the group. It doesn't look pretty, though. The group layout is kind of lame. Haha. You apparently can't delete posts! Sad

Anyway, Facebook is the best place to get info right now. I think I'm gonna create a simple blog to mirror the Facebook page, though.

Posted Fri Jan 29, 2016 10:06 pm

We've got seven anglers paid for the knockout series so far. First come (paid) first served, so if you want in make sure you don't wait. =)

Posted Tue Feb 09, 2016 3:54 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links