Im gonna say January 26th we'll have Walkable Ice on the South Shore!!!

Posted Mon Dec 28, 2015 6:31 pm

The way it looks ill be trolling with my boat on that day !!! Wink LOL

Posted Mon Dec 28, 2015 9:53 pm

Hopefully there will be none! Laughing Things can change rather quickly around here as we are seeing today. Rolling Eyes

Posted Tue Dec 29, 2015 7:45 am

Starting January 1st the Extended forecast is showing below freezing everynite.

Posted Tue Dec 29, 2015 8:05 am

I'm open water fishing till February. Then it'll be time for safe ice Smile

Posted Tue Dec 29, 2015 9:40 am

Why do you ask such an offensive question? Laughing

Posted Tue Dec 29, 2015 10:14 am

I'm saying late January unfortunately. I was hoping by the 10th but that's a long shot. I'm starting to regret buying all new ice gear with my Christmas gift cards haha

Posted Wed Dec 30, 2015 1:46 am

stratos1966

Why do you ask such an offensive question? Laughing

LMAO

Posted Wed Dec 30, 2015 6:53 am

themasterg

I'm saying late January unfortunately. I was hoping by the 10th but that's a long shot. I'm starting to regret buying all new ice gear with my Christmas gift cards haha

Yup the 10th isn't happening! I got 1 New Tip Up for Christmas that I Rigged up n threw in the bucket but holding off on using up my gift cards just yet(may use them for kayak stuff)

Posted Wed Dec 30, 2015 6:56 am

nice to see some cold weather starting .....biggest thing is getting that first sheet on water started .

i got a shappell dx3000 2 man shelter recently ....looking to try it out, along with my auger drill conversion using a millwakee 18v drill

never done any tourney's but would like to

Posted Wed Dec 30, 2015 8:37 am

meant to add

i live in Taunton and always caught pickeral and bass through ice .....this year may like to try to catch a trout .....or at least a desirable fish to eat

thinking sandy pond at cape ? any other ideas

Thanks

Posted Wed Dec 30, 2015 8:39 am

Pretty much any pond on the Cape. Take your pick.

Posted Wed Dec 30, 2015 10:54 am

I wa on the ice (south shore) on Jan. 9. Not going to happen this season. Not disappointed either! Laughing

Posted Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:52 am

5pointslow

meant to add

i live in Taunton and always caught pickeral and bass through ice .....this year may like to try to catch a trout .....or at least a desirable fish to eat

thinking sandy pond at cape ? any other ideas

Thanks

I live in Holbrook and we mostly fish locally on the south shore,we have a couple places we go and not every trip but a couple times a season we cook up a few fat yellow perch(they taste pretty good). I would definitely like to pull a Trout thru the ice n throw it in the pan though.Weve been talking about expanding our range and heading down to Plymouth and maybe Down Cape.When the ice arrives I'll PM you and see if you want to meet up.

Posted Sat Jan 02, 2016 8:02 am

There's very good chance you won't see safe ice down the Cape this season. Couple of cold days next week, then 40 the end of the week. Have to have a long stretch of really cold weather!

Posted Sat Jan 02, 2016 1:48 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links