Just putting this out here because I recently experienced it and now read it on a trip “Early morning at Spy Pond “ . I found a great new fishing pond only accessible by foot. Beautiful place, loaded with fish, clean water but all the access points loaded with beer cans, fishing line and D&D trash. What a shame. I went back the next day with a trash bag and did my best. I figure all I can do is pass the word on to pick up after yourself and pick up after someone else too. If we all pick up a little bit it will make a big difference!

Tight lines !!

Posted Mon Jun 13, 2016 1:21 pm

Ya next time I hit Spy I'll def bring a trash bag with me. Fished there a 1/2 dozen times and I always do well. Hate to see it turn to a dump.

Posted Mon Jun 13, 2016 7:16 pm

I used to do that at one of my local ponds. Spend the morning picking up anything and everything! It would stay clean for a couple of days and within a week the place would be trashed again! People just don't get it, even after a place is cleaned up they think nothing of leaving trash behind! You feel good about it for the moment but it becomes quite frustrating to see it repeat itself within a week! Mad

Posted Tue Jun 14, 2016 5:04 am

don51

I used to do that at one of my local ponds. Spend the morning picking up anything and everything! It would stay clean for a couple of days and within a week the place would be trashed again! People just don't get it, even after a place is cleaned up they think nothing of leaving trash behind! You feel good about it for the moment but it becomes quite frustrating to see it repeat itself within a week! Mad

I agree it gets frustrating but then I remember when I was a kid I didn't give a sh** about what I did with my trash but as a grew older I new it was wrong. So I preach to my son who is now fishing with his friends to spread the word, pick up after yourselves in hopes of breaking the cycle! .Its the adults that do it that gets me mad. Its like in everything else there's always a bad apple or two.

Posted Tue Jun 14, 2016 10:46 am

It's more like a bushel of bad apples Exclamation Laughing

Posted Tue Jun 14, 2016 11:56 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links