Recently made a move to SW Florida. Have switched gears from fresh to salt. It is all fairly new to me, didn't do much salt up in MA. It's a lot harder than I thought it would be. All shore fishing, canals and harbor. I have had 3 tarpon on and lost all 3. Been bit off a few times, these fish all have teeth! Had to put on a wire leader that I don't like using. Got my first redfish yesterday. Wasn't big, but it's a start! Gives me some confidence. You guys enjoy the cold this winter! Laughing

Posted Wed Oct 05, 2016 4:16 am

We'll enjoy the cold weather how did you enjoy Hurricane Matthew You must be getting old if your moving down south, lol Congrats on your salt water fishing, big fish with teeth! Sounds pretty cool. Would love to catch a redfish.
Good luck

Posted Sat Oct 08, 2016 8:19 am

Thanks. Storm was on the east coast. A little rain and wind over here. Yup, doing what old people do, head south! Laughing Winter of 15 did me in!

Posted Sat Oct 08, 2016 6:32 pm

It's what old (Smart) people do! You will get the hang of the salt. Get another kayak.

Posted Thu Oct 13, 2016 12:03 pm

Making progress! Laughing Got my first snook today. Only about 15" but it's a start! Kayak is in the future.

Posted Thu Oct 13, 2016 6:48 pm

Nice,enjoy yourself down there!!!

Posted Fri Oct 14, 2016 6:57 am

Snook 24" Keeper is 28" but I don't keep them anyway! Laughing

Posted Fri Oct 28, 2016 6:30 pm

A little bit bigger! Right out of the backyard! Laughing

Posted Tue Nov 08, 2016 1:15 am

Nice don! I want to see a tarpon pic!!!

Posted Wed Nov 09, 2016 8:06 pm

I have had 3 on the line and managed to lose all 3! Laughing Is that ice fishing gear ready to go? Laughing

Posted Thu Nov 10, 2016 4:58 am

Ice ice baby!!! I'm ready but I'm hoping to catch 1 more tuna before my friend puts his boat away.

Posted Sun Nov 20, 2016 9:34 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links