Whats your guys thoughts on bladed jigs... Anyone love them or is it just another lure in the tacklebox. For me it will more than likely always be tied on. I've caught my biggest fish on them from multiple lakes and ponds. Its by far my favorite lure for many reasons, but you cant fish the lure wrong. Jig it, Burn it, Rip it threw slop, slow retrive...

Posted Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:41 am

I caught a lot of fish on them when they first came out. It was something different. Like any thing else the fish have become used to them. They will still catch fish, this is a good time to be throwing one Exclamation

Posted Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:32 pm

It works. A spinnerbait alternative.

Posted Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:11 am

The "bladed jigs" are very popular right now in Southern California. More so for salt water fishing than fresh water, although some people use them with good results for LMB.

Im not positive if you are talking about the same thing I'm talking about or jigs with an "under spin".

This is the "war blade" made by warbaits....although a much cheaper one can be made by yourself with a weedless jig, a blade and swivel, and cheap plastic tubing:

http://www.warbaits.com/armory-WARBLADE.html

Either way it's a really nice reaction bait...I'm gonna try throwing them this summer to see if they work on the east coast fish the same way they work out here in Cali.

Posted Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:49 pm

Well i was actually talking move about vibrating jigs like chatterbaits,Booyah boogee,etc, but those jigs are pretty nice looking. Never really looked that style of jig. Looks like they would catch some decent fish though.

Posted Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:54 am

lunkerhunter2366

Well i was actually talking move about vibrating jigs like chatterbaits,Booyah boogee,etc, but those jigs are pretty nice looking. Never really looked that style of jig. Looks like they would catch some decent fish though.

Ohh okay. I have a few of those but have never thrown then before. I might give it a shot this week though....

If a lot of people throw them the fish do "get used to them" but it's a reaction bait so if you present it properly there's a good chance the fish will jump on it before even thinking about it.

Posted Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:28 pm

I find it to be a better lure for fishing and fliping into cover. Depending on how thick of cover your fishing, but it will go threw lily pads and you can rip it threw vegatation pretty good so i would gve it a try. it can also catch fish in open water... you just gota find out how they like it... just like anyother lure. Overall they have been the most productive lure for catching quality fish for me. They caught 4 out of 5 of my biggest bass which were over 6lbs so i will stand by them untill the bass stop hitting them.

Posted Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:16 pm

Cool...thanks for the info. I'll throw 'em out a few times this week and see if they piss off the soon to be spawnin bass....hopefully I pull in a double digit LMB.

Posted Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:16 pm

yea il throw these when the fishings tough usually, had one of my best days fishing last fall when I decided to throw the bladed jig. I dont like the booyah ones though, the original chatter baits been my best bet, the reddish brown skirt with a craw dad trailer has always worked best for me and the black and blue skirts.

Posted Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:21 pm

Yes the chatterbait is my favorite. The blade will shimmy at even the slowest of movements so it can be very versatile. They are also DEADLY at night so if anyone goes out i would recommend them. They make a bunch of nice colors from chartreuse to some very nice dark natural colors.

Posted Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:39 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links