This sled i built 2 years ago and it's time for a face lift.
I'll post pic of revised edition soon.

Posted Fri Dec 31, 2010 12:56 pm

This one i built a few years ago. The heavy duty tote holds everything I need and if it's raining or snowing I can keep my stuff dry. Inside I put a divider so all my tilts go to one side and verything else goes on the other. Also the tool tray hold my pliers term. tackle and other small stuff. My gas auger goes to the side. Originaly I had it on top but it was too top heavy.

Posted Fri Dec 31, 2010 4:30 pm

Nice rig! It's all in getting everything out there as easy as possible.
Working on mine now. post soon.

Posted Sat Jan 01, 2011 5:26 pm

look at you guys and your fancy power augers! haha

I have yet to get my sled out this year, I've been hoofin' it so far...I'll take a pic this week!

Posted Sat Jan 01, 2011 5:37 pm

I didn't finish the erector sled yet. But i have until Sunday to get it ready! Cool

Posted Mon Jan 03, 2011 1:07 pm

New sled for the gear and another for the shanty.

Posted Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:45 pm

Nice rig. I recognize that sticker on the side .

Posted Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:16 pm

jwall046

How well does the pvc pipe work that you used to hold the tilts? Will it owrk on the large heritage tilits? Great idea

Thanks
ED

Posted Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:18 pm

Here's my hiking set up...seems like that's been the way to go this year so far. Probably get the sled out soon and grab a pic of the whole set up. Everything fits in the pack basket, which is a hand - me - down from my uncle ... things got some years under its belt. I just carry the bait bucket and auger

Posted Fri Jan 07, 2011 4:04 pm

Great set-up! I like the metal bait bucket. Still working on mine. I need it done for the Pike derby next week tho!

Posted Fri Jan 07, 2011 6:47 pm

happyhooker

jwall046

How well does the pvc pipe work that you used to hold the tilts? Will it owrk on the large heritage tilits? Great idea

Thanks
ED

I think it works real good. I walk up, pull a tilt without digging around a mess of tilts and when it's time to go home they slip right in tube for next time out. I have all black magic tilts and i finally bought a larger diameter tube because it was a tight fit. But you can cut the pipe to specific lengths for the heritages and double check the diameter needed. I'll post my revised edition soon.

Posted Fri Jan 07, 2011 6:51 pm

So I finally got the sled out...It's a hand-me-down from uncle and its pretty sweet. It's an old LL Bean foldable sled, definitely has some years under its belt. I'll probably have to reseal it after this season, but good for now:

Posted Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:34 pm

Cool Sled. Nostalgic gear is cool to see on the ice. I got some old tilts made i worcester ma. from my uncle. I don't use em because they are wicked old.

Posted Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:05 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links