Hi! I'm looking for some folks who know western mass bass and trout fishing...I moved here from NC and don't know the "ropes" around here...
I have a 16' square stern canoe with trolling motor and want to use it this year!
-Ben

Posted Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:03 pm

Where are you at? I am in Hampden which is Western Mass but its definitely not hilltowns. I am always looking for someone to fish with so if you're relatively close we could hook up some times.

Posted Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:54 pm

Welcome. I was stationed in North Carolina for awhile when I was in the Marine Corps. It is a great state with a lot of fishing and hunting opportunities. I don't miss the snakes though! I live in Palmer now but lived in Montague and am familiar with that area. It is hard to give general information but if you have any specific questions I would be glad to try and help you out. There are some great fishing spots in your general area such the Connecticut River that you could access with your canoe. You can catch all kind of fish there including Striped Bass, largemouth, Smallmouth, Pike, Pickerel, Walleye, Shad, Catfish Trout and all kinds of panfish. You could even hook a Sturgeon. My friend took a 39+ pound Carp out of there a couple of years ago. Just about anything you could think of swims in there. There are lots of lakes and ponds as well. Feel free to PM me if you have any specific questions and I will try to help you out. You can also go to the Mass. Wildlife website. They have a ton of info including maps of many ponds and fish species that can be found in them.

Posted Thu Mar 28, 2013 4:13 pm

I tend to go just about everywhere and anywhere! Let me know if you have any specific questions.

Posted Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:01 pm

Thanks for the replies! Right now I'm waiting on a trailer for my canoe -- neck and back issues -- but hope to be on the water soon! I'll definitely be in touch!

Posted Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:09 am

Hi Ben-

I fish about a dozen ponds, lakes and reservoirs at the extreme western end of Massachusetts. I live in NY just over the border from Great Barrington). Is this area within your range?

Posted Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:51 am

MA Fish Finder

Social Links