Howdy!

I'm looking for a great fishing place for my 4 year old son and I to fish as well as a place my wife and 2 year old daughter can swim. I'm looking for a place that we might be able to rent a boat as well. I'm in north east mass, but don't mind going cross state for a good day trip. Let me know!

Posted Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:42 pm

Hi Dave welcome to the site. If you want to rent a boat and are not afraid to travel. Quabbin Res. is your place.
http://www.mass.gov/dcr/waterSupply/watershed/quabfish.htm
Good take for the money and a great smallmouth fishery. No swimming or getting off boat for that matter. That may not make it suitable for you. Good luck. Very Happy

Posted Mon Jul 28, 2008 6:36 am

Yeah, I checked out Quabbin, I plan on hitting that with a few friends soon, but like you said, they frown on swimming.

Thanks!

Posted Mon Jul 28, 2008 7:20 am

Welcome to the site , you might want to try hopkington state park. You can do everything you are looking to do.

Posted Wed Jul 30, 2008 7:04 am

I think I will. Thanks for the tip!

Posted Fri Aug 01, 2008 7:13 am

Martin's pond in north reading worked for me and my boy. There is a beach that you can fish from and a park right there if the kids get board and you can still fish.

Posted Sat Jun 13, 2009 8:14 pm

The pond at Menotomy Rocks Park in Arlington is an awesome place to take young kids fishing. It's stocked with bass to the point that you can't catch a breath between strikes. My daughter and I pulled four little bass in like 20 minutes on shiners. There's a play area with swings and a climber within sight of the pond in case your kid gets bored or needs a break.

Posted Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:33 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links