30%  [ 3 ]
Shore
10%
 10%  [ 1 ]
Other
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 10

How do you guys mainly get out on the water? Do you have a powerboat, kayak, aluminum boat or do you mainly fish from shore?

Post what brands you're using, fish finders, trolling motors, and any other gear you have configured. I'll run the poll across multiple states and then share the results.

I mostly fish from shore, or my buddies Lund boat.

Last edited by sfjtomp on Sat Oct 17, 2020 2:06 pm; edited 1 time in total

Posted Thu Feb 06, 2020 5:48 pm

I mainly fish from a small plastic bass boat (Basstender 11.3). It's a small light weight boat that can be towed anywhere and launched at smaller boat ramps. The boat has a live well and all of the perks of a larger bass boat on a smaller scale (and much smaller price tag).

I'm a fan of Minn Kota trolling motors and Humminbird fish finders. The amount of options that Humminbird has with DI and SI is unreal and they have everything for every price point. I use Dobyns Rods and Shimano / Abu Garcia reels for my gear on the boat. I watch for deals on all of the listed items above and grab what I need when a decent sale or clearance event comes around.

I was also very impressed with the most recent MA Fishing Expo this past month. I often think that expo shows inflate prices to get more from sales. This wasn't the case at the show. Items were either market value or discounted 10%. Plus there was plenty of food on hand to enjoy a day of fishing gear with friends and fishing fanatics. There was a good amount of local sellers, I'd rather pay for the same baits with them then the big box stores if possible.

If there are any questions about the boat I run, feel free to reach out directly.

Posted Thu Feb 06, 2020 8:29 pm

Love my boat. Great for just one person but still enough room for two. 15hr four stroke gets me where I want to go. foot trolling motor up front, plenty of built in storage and added room below deck. 2 bank charger and anchor system makes my life a little easier. low maintenance and easy on the wallet.[/img]

Posted Fri Feb 21, 2020 11:46 am

I fish from a 14 ft. aluminum flat bottom boat. It is powered with a small 3 speed electric motor.
It is easy to place on my pick-up bed. Been using this for years. If it starts to give me problems,
I'll just replace it.

Posted Fri Mar 06, 2020 10:24 am

I fish from a FeelFree Lure 11.5 with Overdrive (pedal). Its seat is all day comfortable, stand up stable, and has a wheel in the keel to aid transport. The overdrive unit comes out and is replaced by a storage box for 'regular' kayak paddling.

It's a tan-camo version of the blue one in my avatar.

Posted Sat Apr 18, 2020 7:12 pm

MA Fish Finder

Social Links